Topwater and Spybait Tuesday Video

Scout'nStripers

Guys, the spybait bite is really picking up and the bigger fish are starting to show some interest. Right now I'm using a 10 count on the drop and pulling it across the top of humps and brush with a slow retrieve. Here's a little video from today including a nice fish that was close to magnum size from this afternoon on a main lake hump with the spybait.
MAH00278 (1) (2).jpg

Last edited:

RamblinWreck

I am a big spybait fan. I have better luck with the ghost pearl color, or maybe I just have more confidence. I also like the chartreuse shad. I think I have every color they make.

I always check the knot after each fish, and also the rear hook screw. Lost a nice fish one day last fall when the rear hook unscrewed. Now I check them often, and if I find a loose one I use some superglue on the threads (carefully - don't get it on the prop). Seems the latest ones I've bought the screw is tight, so maybe that one was a fluke.

Scout'nStripers

I am a big spybait fan. I have better luck with the ghost pearl color, or maybe I just have more confidence. I also like the chartreuse shad. I think I have every color they make.

I always check the knot after each fish, and also the rear hook screw. Lost a nice fish one day last fall when the rear hook unscrewed. Now I check them often, and if I find a loose one I use some superglue on the threads (carefully - don't get it on the prop). Seems the latest ones I've bought the screw is tight, so maybe that one was a fluke.
That was an issue for Duo Realis for a while. I'm friends with the R&D guy, David Swendseid. He sent me a message and picture in March and said the back screw had been reiforced so the problem should be solved.

Attachments

• duo.jpg
    duo.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

RamblinWreck

Good to know. (y)

Today I caught a slab crappie on a spybait. I wonder if they make a 60mm size; I bet that would slay some crappie or trout.

Scout'nStripers

Good to know. (y)

Today I caught a slab crappie on a spybait. I wonder if they make a 60mm size; I bet that would slay some crappie or trout.
I have heard that they are coming out with a smaller 80 model right after Icast.