Traditions deer hunter rifle

common man

Just wondered if any of ya'll had any experiance with the traditions deer hunter model? Looks like it come in 24 inch barrel, 1-48 twist, williams sites in percussion or flint lock around $300. Most places like everything else it is is sold out. It kinda looks like an old muzzleloader with some new features. Just wondered if any of ya'll had used one and what your opinion was. Now that I have 5 pounds of black powder laying around I kinda want to buy something else in the next few months.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I have the cousin of it in the percussion Kentucky Rifle. It isn't the most refined thing in the world, but it works wonderfully and is an absolute blast to shoot.

Timberman

FWIW I had a Traditions muzzleloader before I went to inlines. Shot fine killed several deer with it

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I've got two Traditions rifles, a Buckskinner and a Hawken Woodsman. They both work and shoot well. Nice enough wood, color case hardening, pretty good fit, finish, and bluing.

Nothing not to like.

There is a member here (can't remember his handle) who has built and finished Traditions kits himself and his results were stunning...

common man

Got one from a member on here. Really fun to shoot been grouping well with 60 grains fff black powder and 250 grain pa Conicals.

Attachments

• PXL_20230114_000824454.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230114_000824454.MP.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230114_000814744.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230114_000814744.MP.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230114_000741250.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230114_000741250.MP.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 7

Joehales90

Bought one 2 years ago for marylands primitive season. Shoots extremely well. 85 grains pyrodex loose and sabots (yea yea, not very primitive but I don't think it's right to sacrifice accuracy when a quick kill vs slow death is on the line). Anyways... 5" groups off a rest at 100 yards with a peep sight I put on it. Light as a feather. Took my first shot at a young doe last wednesday- 20 yard chip shot... tool aim at her neck, squeeze, boom, no deer ran off in the smoke. But as it cleared off she ran as a thumb sized tree limb hinged and swung back and forth... doh! She ran 30 yards and then stopped to look back and see what happened. Got a big slice of humble pie for dinner... low calorie. Not very filling lol