Tradtional Archery Hunt Club

jerry russell

Deer Creek Traditional Bowhunters
We have one opening or possibly two on our traditional bow hunting club in Monroe County, Georgia. We are very close to I-75 and less than an hour South of the Atlanta airport.

This past year we were all traditional archers and we hope to continue that way. Nothing against the wheel guys at all but we would like to keep it simple with just sticks and strings. This property has been managed as bow only for going on 4 years and we have had great success with our deer herd. We are bordered by several unhunted properties as well as another bow hunting only property.
We are a drama free club and it has been that way for three years. We have an extremely comprehensive set of by-laws but it is our quality membership that makes this such a great place to hunt. Membership is offered after you look the area over and we get to spend a little time with you to ensure that you will be happy with this group.
It is best to discuss many of the details on the phone but here is the down and dirty.
Membership is for big and small game hunting from August 1- December 31.
We will keep it at a minimum of 70 acres per member. This past season we had 90 acres per member.
First come first served pin system but it is rarely used due to our common courtesy plan and communication.
We maintain food plots and have all the equipment needed to do it.
No planted pines on property and more hardwoods than you could ever hunt with great security cover.
Very active predator control program in place (38 coyotes removed in last two years).
Hogs on property. This population is tightly managed per landowner agreement.
Campsite on property has power. Small cabin has refrigerator, microwave, A/C etc. Cabin has nice covered deck. There is plenty of space for a small camper.
We maintain a large section of the property as a “wilderness zone”. This means no vehicles of any kind allowed. All other areas are easily accessed with 2wd vehicles.
Four large creeks cross the property.
Membership will run between $975.00 and 1,175.00 and will depend on final member number and planting plan for spring.
I would say the bottom line on this property is that it is about friends. There is no ego here and I have never seen a selfish moment. We share all information and each member is willing to help the others be successful. These are some of the finest folks I have ever hunted with. Several members are GON Traditional Archery members. All current members have additional hunt properties so pressure on this tract is very light.

Here is a little video highlighting some of the deer from this past season. All of this trailcam video and pictures are from only a 35-40 day period in 2013.
If you would like more information, please PM me with your real name, email and phone number. I can forward maps, by-laws etc.

Thanks,
Jerry

jerry russell

Just a few pictures from the club. Good times with good folks.

Attachments

• WGI_0708.jpg
    WGI_0708.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 335
  • IMGP8240.jpg
    IMGP8240.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMGP7423.jpg
    IMGP7423.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 335
  • IMGP7715-Copy.jpg
    IMGP7715-Copy.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 323

jerry russell

A little bump for this older post. We have had a member in the military non renew due to possible change of status. We have an opening and right now we are all traditional archers. A tremendous group of folks hunting here. PM or call with any questions.
Here is a little video filmed there last season from my trees while hunting.

I will be unable to respond to questions about this place from July 29-August 10 but will respond to everyone in the order of your emails and or calls.

Good luck this year.

Jerry

Last edited:

Al33

Were it not for having to drive thru Atlanta I would join this club in a heartbeat. Great club!!!