Trapped 8 out of the 9 Hogs!

Realtree Ga

Made my trap a couple months ago and was able to trap 1 big boar. After that bears were so bad that they kept eating my bait so I took a break. The bears have headed back up high after acorns and I had a sounder of 9 pigs on camera all last week. Set the trap this weekend and was able to catch all 8 of the juveniles and only missed the big Sow. I guess she was a little too wise to enter the trap.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Heck yeah, congrats!

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Nice job! I've been thinking of building one of those myself. When the trap isn't in use, do you just tie the trigger cord back so that the door stays open?

buttplate

Very nice, CONGRATS SIR!!!

Where were you trapping?

Realtree Ga

Nice job! I've been thinking of building one of those myself. When the trap isn't in use, do you just tie the trigger cord back so that the door stays open?
I just leave the door closed so nothing can go in. Then when I'm ready to trap again, I'll tie the door open with bait until I get pix of them all going in and using it comfortably. Then I set the trap to catch them.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I just leave the door closed so nothing can go in. Then when I'm ready to trap again, I'll tie the door open with bait until I get pix of them all going in and using it comfortably. Then I set the trap to catch them.
Oh. The design I was lookin at, pigs were able to still go in with the trap triggered but not out. I'm in north east union county(young harris). I have thermal, will travel.:bounce:

Realtree Ga

Oh. The design I was lookin at, pigs were able to still go in with the trap triggered but not out. I'm in north east union county(young harris). I have thermal, will travel.:bounce:
Well you won't be traveling far if you are in Young Harris. A short 10 min. drive. Lol. Yes, pigs can still go in if the door is closed, but with no bait in it, I don't see that happening. Plus, I can see this trap everyday when I'm driving to work so no worries about something getting trapped and me not knowing it.