Trapping season opens today

mossyoakpro

You can always do some coon thinning! They don't seem to mind the rain :)

I'm running a little behind in my prep work...I still have traps to dye and wax UGH

Mark K

Banned
Haha, another couple of inches this past weekend, and they’re forecasting another couple this Friday. Thankful for a long season, lol!
Gonna at least get some DP’s out Wednesday and start on the coon and possums.

mossyoakpro

Haha, another couple of inches this past weekend, and they’re forecasting another couple this Friday. Thankful for a long season, lol!
Gonna at least get some DP’s out Wednesday and start on the coon and possums.

Mark, what kind of bait are you using in your DP's? I'm always looking for something better to use...

Mark K

Banned
Finally setting tomorrow...another couple of inches between last night and now. This has got to be the wettest year I can remember.
And had coons on camera playing in this rain all evening, lol. They seem to like the running water coming off the corn pile that’s in a field.

mossyoakpro

Corn around the feeders and until the ants go underground, then cat food and marshmallows with a touch of bacon grease around the top. Everything loves bacon, lol.

I have been using corn with fish oil on it with good success but I think I'm going to try some floating catfish food....it's water resistant and cheap. Tight chains brother!!

mossyoakpro

May have to try the floating catfish food. Thanks.
An old timer turned me onto that so I figured I would give it a whirl...a 50# bag costs $8.00 at Tractor Supply. That will last a long time and when season ends just dump it in my pond! LOL