Tree stand camera mount???

TurkeyCreek

http://www.provideohunter.com/index.html

has anyone here used the Pro Video Hunter camera mount?

i saw it advertised in GON and was thinking about trying one. Mainly wanted one for use with my digital camera, which at 10x zoom you need to hold steady.

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
I dont know if I would trust the clip action. one wrong move, and your camera will go sky diving! I make my own, they attach to the tree. works great. it also makes a good shooting rest.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I have not used that one, but do use a Gorilla Cam arm that you can purchase just about anywhere. Works great.

Jim

TurkeyCreek

jim,

i've seen photos of the gorilla mount and thought about getting one, especially for video cam. how heavy are those?

phil....how does yours attach to the tree???

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
I make mine like the ones that tree lounge used to make, but I make a few alterations, I make the sections a little longer, and the pivot pads bigger. I can attach with either a TEE type screw or a cam strap like the ones that come with some lock on stands. I prefure the strap its easier to set up. I have 2 that Im finishing up right now Ill try to post some pics if I can borrow a digital cam somwhere!

Michael Lee

The Gorilla arms work good for light weight cameras. If you have a heavy camera, I would sugget looking elsewhere. We have ours for our show custom made with an adjustable steel base reciever that has an aluminum arm. The base attaches to the tree by ratchet strap and is solid once tight.

I think we paid around $150 each for our arms. We did get a quote from the guy that makes the same arms for Realtree and his were $450!!

ML

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
I make mine like the pro mount, except not quite as heavy.

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
camera mount pics, they still need painting.

Attachments

• p2110100.jpg
    p2110100.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 703
  • p2110099.jpg
    p2110099.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 993
  • p2110098.jpg
    p2110098.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 580
  • p2110102.jpg
    p2110102.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 917
  • p2110101.jpg
    p2110101.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 562

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Phil, that is a great looking piece of machinery. You should consider getting with a manufacture.

Jim

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
Jim I have the machinery to make them, but finding the time to make them is the problem! so far Ive made them for myself, and friends. my goal is to have one set up at every permanent stand I have, so all I have to carry in is my camera.

whiskers

Phill

Glad the photos turned out good. You can just give me my photo taking fee when you see me at the house. :speechles
Dang that Olympus C-720 UZ takes good pictures. ::gone:
By the way officemax has a great deal on a Olympus 725UZ for 199.00. You get a 64mb picture card and printer.

Whiskers :yeah:

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
sorry whiskers! I forgot to credit you for the photos. thank you!
phil