Trespassers ruined opening youth hunt.

Hiccup

My son and I tried to enjoy a great afternoon of hunting together until two brothers in their 40s decided to drive their UTV over our post and cable and onto our clearly posted land. They hooped and hollered and sipped on their beer and finally stopped at the bank of the creek about 100 yards behind our stand. I got out of the stand and approached them, told them they were trespassing on private land, and asked them to leave or I would have to contact the Sheriff’s Office. They told me they did not see a no trespass sign (which they drove by) and also said they followed others into the property (another lie). They left and drove to the roadway and fired about 25-30 pistol rounds from a nearby bridge and then left only to return to my property again an hour later in the same exact spot, only this time, when I approached them, one said, you gonna call the Sheriff this time or what? Well guess what, we’re not leavin your property, and turned the UTV around began kicking up dust and drove further back into my property. By this time, I was on the phone with the Sheriff’s Office who later found the men hiding in the woods and arrested them for trespass. Guess we’ll try it again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
Glad you helped get them Hiccup. What a bunch of.. Well you know..?Maybe the fine will match the crime.

Just info incase you don't know.. In Georgia, all property is assumed "posted" no matter signage, or lack thereof..

I'd like to see if they would be such smart butts if you were alone or with some buds..
They were pretty sure you wouldn't break bad with your son in- tow?

Maybe the THUGS thought they had strength in numbers. Bunch of MORONS if you ask me.??

Big7

The Oracle
Got it. That's a National SHAME to let Vet's get in the shape a lot are in.?

Turpentine

Got it. That's a National SHAME to let Vet's get in the shape a lot are in.?
Naw I didn't mean it as pitty me. Other vets get it. What's sad is that OP even had to go through that. First time o ok not going to make a big deal about it just be on your way and I would get back to hunting with my boy. But instead they fired a ton of rounds and then returned....... The reason is because they knew the worst that would happen is they go to jail......
It's a joke. OP should be able to open a can of whoop butt and defend his land by any means necessary. Other wise nothing is going to change.

Big7

The Oracle
Naw I didn't mean it as pitty me. Other vets get it. What's sad is that OP even had to go through that. First time o ok not going to make a big deal about it just be on your way and I would get back to hunting with my boy. But instead they fired a ton of rounds and then returned....... The reason is because they knew the worst that would happen is they go to jail......
It's a joke. OP should be able to open a can of whoop butt and defend his land by any means necessary. Other wise nothing is. going to change.

Oh... Not at all minimizing Vet's. Far from it. I think it's truly sickening for this country to let so many fall through the cracks.

One - IS WAY TO MANY !!! You don't have to be a Vet. to get on board with that.

TJay

Hopefully leo will take them down on everything, the drinking (if they accessed your property via the blacktop that's dui) illegal discharge of a firearm and trespassing. A disgusting display especially in front of a youngster.

HughW2

No respect for private property; at least by a significant percentage of the population. I have some land that unfortunately has a power line through it and see plenty of atv and utv tracks entering the property all th time. I hate being an absentee land owner. I hope the judge throws the book at those scumbags.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I can't post what I really would like to in this situation as I would be a previous member here.

However, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if these two perps never saw the light of day again.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly enough, in reality, they will probably slap them on the wrist and turn them back loose in a couple hours, and they will come vandalize your land.

Hunter922

See it all the time.. I actually asked a guy with two side by sides on a trailer where he was riding and he said his friend had 2 acres that bordered a big piece of property they "ride for miles".. I asked if he had permission to ride all this property and he said no.. Trespassers are everywhere and stupid. If you don't have permission to be there don't be..

Last edited: