Tripel 7 Long read pic heavy.

Tadder

It's been a long time scene I decided too try too take a buck . Been watching this Old Monark for a few yrs. now and I hadn't planed on taken him but If my wife, daughter or son couldn't I was. Tried hunten him with them and video it, just never worked out.My son and I had hunted hard all week and had seen nothing from the stand, we decided too hunt different stands on the 7th of Dec. that morning and still nothing. My son said he was gone get a bit to eat and go back early that day. I had to get his sisters car fixed and check a few things on it so I could get in when he wanted too, I told him too go on and if I could I'd get mama(wife ) to drop me off. He said dad I got a good filling we gone get him just get the car done and come on. Well , I make it in bout 3:40pm and Its a real nice day tree rats playing birds singing and at 4:30 the deer start moving. Well I see a deer working my way and I see it's the OLD MONARK 7 pt. Well I get the cam rolling and get the bow ready. Been 16 yrs scene I actually drawer on a deer. Must less a Big Buck, the nerves hit quick . Did all my mental checks Still shaken out my boots. I adjust cam and draw at 15yrs and he stop with no shot. I hold and he turns and walks strength at me, by this time I'm shaken so bad I think the tree might be shaken. He turns and is walking broadside at 7 yds and I find a opening and hammer the release ( nerves) but my arrow finds its mark . He takes off and stops 60 yds away and looks around like what was that.I get the cam on him but I'm shaken so bad I can't zoom in I watch him wag his tail and walk off down hill. So tow up I can't text my son for 5 min. Well I get a text off and he keeps text me stay put . Well I wait 30 min. and finally get settled down and look at video . I got it on cam and the shoot looked a little back but in a good area for the Gold tip/ Rage to do it job. I get down to check my arrow and its not there, shakes hit again and I just back out and go meet my son. We go home and watch the footage and see its a good shot but he's angled to me and the shot could come out bad, so we give him a while . My daughter is like a tracking mochine , can see blood we can't so we go back later and she and my son find blood I couldn't see . This big Monark took us on a run and we finally found him. Thanks to both my kids for helping old dad, they both said dad this is odd we actually tracked for you for the 1st time and it was a fun track. Well Dec 7th Monark 7 pt at 7 yds that explains Triple 7 for y'all . I've been so Blessed this season too watch both my kids take bucks with a bow and now I get it done. Blessed beyond what words I can say. Thank you God. Note we started the hunt , track , and ending in a Pray of Thanksgiving for the Blessing to be able to enjoy Gods creation. We got out of the woods early the next morning so we went back too take pics after daylight. I don't really care how he scores it ain't bout that with me . He's and OLD MONARK Buck and thats Tuff to get him in the daylight and with archery where we hunt anyway. Thats Like taken a BOONER for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1379.JPG
    IMG_1379.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1384.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 236

Hunter922

Atta boy, that is a true TROPHY.. congrats.
On a side note Sam and Mac have grown so much since they shot 3D with with my son Chris when they were all young... Million dollar pictures for sure..

Hillbilly stalker

Man that's a great buck, a great story and a great hunt ! Congratulations , them younger eyes really make a difference on the track. You got a fine buck there . And a fine family to boot !

Pilgrim

So great!! Congrats!!!

brdyhll

Awesome buck and story and the pictures at the old chimney(pretty cool) with the family and him make it even better

DawgDr.

So happy for ya'll!! Its love watching these stories play out for such a great family!

Tadder

Hopefully I will get this video edited and figure out how too post it. Can make no promises, but I'll try.