tripod deer stands

shdw633

I would be checking my Academy Sports and looking to see if they have any Quad Pods left in stock for clearance, they may still have some game winner tripods on sale as well. You can use it with the seating or take it out and use your own chairs but it's a large stand and I got mine for under $200 on clearance. My other tripods are Family Traditions and I love them but gracious have they gotten expensive.

Jim Boyd

I hate ‘em!

Too low and generally wobbly.

Have em but they are not my fave.

A quad does the same thing and is so much better.

Good luck!!!

shdw633

I am with Jim. We have them on our lease and they are constantly blowing over even when anchored down, they are difficult to climb into because the rail is not that secure and the seat is uncomfortable in long sits. If price was my issue I would be looking at the game winner as it has a seat in in similar to that of a millennium seat, I have that similar seat in 2 big game ladder stands and it is much more comfortable in my opinion.

Sixes

For true portability, the Millennium is top of the game. It's not very tall, but put in the right spot, it is great to hunt out of and weighs less than 40 pounds and is easily carried over the shoulder

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know where a quad is available?

Academy says not in the Atlanta vicinity

Jim Boyd

Anyone know where a quad is available?

Milkman,

With very minimal welding skills, the quads are easily built.

I have built them as tall as 20’ but 10-12’ is a good happy medium.

I know you can buy them from SG and folks like that but they are expensive.

I quit gun hunting several years ago and quit building and maintaining them. Some of the boys on my farms still use them and keep them up.

Good luck!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The shipping on stuff like these stands is high. I bought one from Walmart.com with free a couple years back

shdw633

For true portability, the Millennium is top of the game. It's not very tall, but put in the right spot, it is great to hunt out of and weighs less than 40 pounds and is easily carried over the shoulder

Love that stand and the only reason I don't own one is because I have a Summit Predator Pod (look it up cause they don't make them anymore). Great little ambush tripod that moves easily around. If I didn't have that for that reason I would own the Millennium one for sure.

Milkman, I will be the first to admit it's hard to find the Quad now and the last place I heard had any I believe was in Warner Robins that had some for $197 I believe. You usually have to be looking around the middle of December for them to go on clearance. My friend and I picked up four for $187 each this last December, nearly half what they want for them retail. I would go into your nearest Academy and ask them to check the computer for inventory and see who has any left and what they are wanting for them. They are easy to put up and you can put a Hub or Ameristep ground blind on them and they fit quite nicely. I plan on doing that to enclose the stand and not installing the seats that come with them but rather putting two office chairs in mine with rubber mat flooring.

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I bought one today like the image below. Now I just gotta let my shoulder get well enough to supervise my grandkids putting it together ;)DDB3E1DA-9589-4C4A-9FAE-1A7A82595BC2.jpeg

rogers737

Millineum T100 is awesome. Super sturdy, comfortable and very portable. As SIXES said, weighs less than 40 pounds. Can add a trigger stick monopod to it easily for shooting rest.

shdw633

I bought one today like the image below. Now I just gotta let my shoulder get well enough to supervise my grandkids putting it together ;)View attachment 959883

I bought two of those a couple weeks back and have not put them together yet. I plan on taking out the seat, flooring it in and either installing a box on it or I've seen guys use hub blinds in them as they fit quite nicely within the railings. Either way they are going to be enclosed stands by the time I'm done with them.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I bought two of those a couple weeks back and have not put them together yet. I plan on taking out the seat, flooring it in and either installing a box on it or I've seen guys use hub blinds in them as they fit quite nicely within the railings. Either way they are going to be enclosed stands by the time I'm done with them.

Here is one with a blind sitting in it.
D381CDB4-DF76-47E5-B050-8A5C2FA96433.jpeg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Shdw
How does a blind in a platform stand hold up to wind?