Trophy deer

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
First, congrats on kicking cancers A double S. Great deer, better story. My favorite trophy isn't even mine, nor is it a deer. I hope you don't mind me posting it but it is similar to your trophy. My Mom was going through chemo in 2001. After a treatment she would be sick for about 2 days. She still would go turkey hunting. She would have to lay down sometimes, and other times have to stand up to throw up. But cancer wasn't strong enough to keep her from doing something she loves. And I'm happy and grateful to say 17 years later and she's still cancer free and killing turkeys.
Scan0001-1.jpg
Awesome!!!

jgunnsmith

First, congrats on kicking cancers A double S. Great deer, better story. My favorite trophy isn't even mine, nor is it a deer. I hope you don't mind me posting it but it is similar to your trophy. My Mom was going through chemo in 2001. After a treatment she would be sick for about 2 days. She still would go turkey hunting. She would have to lay down sometimes, and other times have to stand up to throw up. But cancer wasn't strong enough to keep her from doing something she loves. And I'm happy and grateful to say 17 years later and she's still cancer free and killing turkeys.
Scan0001-1.jpg
Sounds like a tough lady. Congrats to her for kicking cancers rump.

I was kinda hoping this thread would spark these kinds of stories. Doesn’t even have to be cancer. Us outdoorsmen/women are resilient people. Maybe we can inspire somebody going through a rough time.

Reactions: six

Hillbilly stalker

That sure beats any trophy I have ! Congratulations on a nice deer and winning your battle with cancer. A determined mind and a thankful heart . Great story.

bany

Great trophy! Congratulations and best regards on being and staying free!
My trophy is a bit opposite. Back in 91’ I couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with my model 94. So in nov. 92’ while battling cancer my wife had a new scope mounted for my birthday! She was in the hospital most of that month and I really couldn’t see going to the woods but she insisted. We had Thanksgiving at home and I went out the following Monday. I harvested the biggest buck of my life that morning, still the biggest bodied deer ever!
Three days before Christmas she lost her battle and I lost half of my soul. Since then God blessed me with my soul back and the second love of my life!
Also many much larger racked bucks but none that stand up to this one.

Attachments

• E8C292F8-D87D-45D5-9942-FCCF2B98035C.jpeg
    E8C292F8-D87D-45D5-9942-FCCF2B98035C.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 35

Taco4x4

You are truly blessed. I lost my Mother and two years later my brother to cancer and tried to get my dad as well. It only cost him half of one lung but he is free now. We need to cherish every day we have and make the most of it as you in theses wonderful and sad true life stories have done. Thank you and God bless you all.

Latest posts