Trophy Radishes

tomtlb66

Checked my food plot yesterday and the trophy radishes are coming up nicely. They are between2" and 4 " high and coming in pretty thick. I planed them about two weeks ago. Is the good height for that amount of time? They are nice and green as well.

GeorgeShu

Great, glad you got good germination and emergence. I would think that is pretty normal growth.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

nkbigdog

Trophy radish

Checked my food plot yesterday and the trophy radishes are coming up nicely. They are between2" and 4 " high and coming in pretty thick. I planed them about two weeks ago. Is the good height for that amount of time? They are nice and green as well.
Ok you Baited us what about the pic's?

pasinthrough

Here are mine after 3 1/2 weeks.

IMAG0124.jpg

gcs

I planted mine around the same time and I checked on them today. They are around 4" high. My food plot is in NE Ga.

Millyville Hunter

Pasinthrough yours look to be a right on cue. The ones we planted last year had trouble with all the flooding rain but did make a come back towards the later part of the season. The really interesting thing is that last year when the deer ate the tops off they actually grew back better and a little more aggressive.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

HuntNC

wow, these things truely are "trophy" class radish... was at nichols store in rock hill last week, i saw they had a bag of 'em and if it wasn't too late i was going to buy them but it's just too late to plant 'em now... i mean i already have two acres of clover, turnips, oats and rape planted... next year for sure...

pasinthrough

I shot this fella last weekend about 110 yards off this very plot. He was following a very tiny 60 pound doe around. If it keeps the does fed, they will keep the bucks interested and keep them around!

Efliii,

That plot is an old load deck for the pines. Its had a couple of burned piles on it in the past, so the dirt is rich. It gets some shade, and we have been having heavy dew the past couple of weeks. I think that's the only reason they look as good as they do.

COME ON RAIN ! ! ! :smash::smash:

DSC03768.jpg

SowGreen

Nice buck man. Congrats and nice shot.

SowGreen

Those look very good condsidering the lack of rain that we've had. Here's a picture of one of our radish plots from last December. This 3/4 acre plot had beed heavily grazed for a good 2 months and they were still going strong.

Attachments

• Bowlegs 2 12-29-09.jpg
    Bowlegs 2 12-29-09.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,655

pasinthrough

Nice buck man. Congrats and nice shot.

Thanks pal,

I like to at least think all the hours planting and spraying and diesel and fertilizer and so on....helps on occasion. I guess I could just hunt one year, but what in the world would I do in the off season?

I might be :crazy:, but I'm a firm believer in if you plant it, they will come!

SowGreen

You got that right. It's all part of the experience.

chrismhaase

Thanks pal,

I like to at least think all the hours planting and spraying and diesel and fertilizer and so on....helps on occasion. I guess I could just hunt one year, but what in the world would I do in the off season?

I might be :crazy:, but I'm a firm believer in if you plant it, they will come!

Diesel? I am missing something here?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I shot this fella last weekend about 110 yards off this very plot. He was following a very tiny 60 pound doe around. If it keeps the does fed, they will keep the bucks interested and keep them around!

Efliii,

That plot is an old load deck for the pines. Its had a couple of burned piles on it in the past, so the dirt is rich. It gets some shade, and we have been having heavy dew the past couple of weeks. I think that's the only reason they look as good as they do.

COME ON RAIN ! ! ! :smash::smash:

That is an outstanding buck!

The deer are mowing mine down. Hope this rain gives them a boost. :cool:

nkbigdog

Planting

I planted mine 6 weeks ago every year has been great but opening wk of rifle still looks sad. maybe a 10 percent gemination. I hope some of the seed are dormate until the rain came. Will know next week land is just outside of High Falls.

kdaw68

Mine are doing pretty good. This is the first year I've planted and the deer are starting to hit them pretty hard.

Attachments

• radishes 1.jpg
    radishes 1.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 1,121
  • radishes 3.jpg
    radishes 3.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 1,108
  • radishes 4.jpg
    radishes 4.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 1,111