Trot line set!

sprewett

Been running trot lines a good bit lately. Two weeks ago was last outing caught a 25" blue and two good size channels. Really enjoy the whole process of setting and feel like a kid on Christmas Eve night to go check in the mornings.
Today's set was a wild ride. I went by myself so no help, river was out of the banks, engine stalled twice going up river (it started right back up), got to my spot and the tree I normally tie off to was underwater. Then the thunder and lightening began. Somehow I managed to pull my line from reverse out of my bucket so it became tangled. Got the line set as the lightning really began to crack and pop. Saw two doe and a fawn what an awesome adventure. Look forward to seeing what I get in the am. Set specifically for channels tonight.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Been running trot lines a good bit lately. Two weeks ago was last outing caught a 25" blue and two good size channels. Really enjoy the whole process of setting and feel like a kid on Christmas Eve night to go check in the mornings.
Today's set was a wild ride. I went by myself so no help, river was out of the banks, engine stalled twice going up river (it started right back up), got to my spot and the tree I normally tie off to was underwater. Then the thunder and lightening began. Somehow I managed to pull my line from reverse out of my bucket so it became tangled. Got the line set as the lightning really began to crack and pop. Saw two doe and a fawn what an awesome adventure. Look forward to seeing what I get in the am. Set specifically for channels tonight.
:pop:

sprewett

Was surprised by the big blue since I wasn't fishing with live bait. Guess all cats like hot dawgs! We caught four I turned one loose that was real nasty looking. I lost my anchor and three hooks. (I hope they didn't have fish on them) my anchor got pushed under some rocks from the heavy current last night and I broke it off trying to pull it in. Now for the part I don't like cleaning them.

Attachments

• IMG_20230729_085030011_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230729_085030011_HDR.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 41

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Was surprised by the big blue since I wasn't fishing with live bait. Guess all cats like hot dawgs! We caught four I turned one loose that was real nasty looking. I lost my anchor and three hooks. (I hope they didn't have fish on them) my anchor got pushed under some rocks from the heavy current last night and I broke it off trying to pull it in. Now for the part I don't like cleaning them.
When I was 10 years old fishing off my dock I caught a 17 pound catfish on a zebco fishing with a piece of hotdog, he was a good one

twtabb

What was wrong with the nasty one you released? If a fish looks diseased I will discard it but not release back into the water.

sprewett

This evening after work already getting ready to set the line this weekend. My mud motor has been quiting on me usually in rough water. It gets real interesting running up a big Indian fishing wier get half way and engine stall. The culprit is the low oil sensor. This evening bypassed that rascal and gained a few more rpms by adjusting the governor. Now just so long as I don't float a valve. Gonna have to out 18lb valve springs in it. Only Monday but already thinking about setting the line.