Troup County QDM

Deerhunter130

We have 1000 acres in southern Troup county that we are looking to add 3 members. This would bring our member count to 14 which we feel is a good number for this property. Dues with 14 members is $1000 for a year membership. We have a campsite with trailer hook ups available. We have room for more campers but the 2 with electricity will be first come first serve for new members. Camp has a pavilion with wood burning stove and big screen tv with direct tv. Camp has skinning shed and running water. Property was once owned by timber company so we have a very good road system. A 4 wheeler is not a must but is very helpful after we have a lot of rain. We use a 2 area system meaning every member has 2 areas that are there's alone and they can set them up as they please (eg. hang multiple stands,plant your own variety of seed, trim shooting lanes from stand as long as trees/limbs are no bigger than your arm) We have around 20 acres of food plots, some of which are available to incoming members. We have a 120" rule on bucks. If you shoot him and he is less than 120" and you choose not to shoulder mount him it is a $200 fine. If you shoot a deer weighing less than 70 pounds it's a $50 fine. A spike which is 1 1/2" of exposed antler it is $200 fine. We do not allow guest hunters during deer season. Your wife/girlfriend or child 18 and under hunt under your membership. Meaning if your son shoots a buck it counts as 1 of yours. We encourage children to hunt as this property is where I learned to hunt. So if your son wants to shoot a 100" class buck for his first deer that is fine as long as you shoulder mount it. We have a camp workday that is mandatory the weekend after labor day when we cut firewood, plant food plots and just generally clean around camp and property. Hunting guest are allowed for everything in season but deer. We have a beaver pond on the property that we hunt ducks in but we do not hunt ducks until after deer season. The property has turkey and rabbit as well.This is a very laid back club with some of the members being here for 20 plus years, we enjoy the social aspect of the club as much as the hunting. We have picked up several good members from GON over the past few years and hope to continue that this year. We will be showing the property the weekend of 3/23 if you would like to see it or have any questions feel free to contact me or our club president.

Thanks,

Tony Fowler
678-264-7102

Bruce Fowler
678-794-0331

Last edited:

Lurtis44

Tony

This is Chip, I talked to you about the property last week, Left a message on your phone and then we talked immediately after. Just wanted to make sure you had my number.7708806776. And looking forward to seeing property on the 23rd. Thank You

Hunter247

do you have any more openings?

Latest posts