Trout Fishing the Hooch, new PB!

olcaptain

Well done all the way 'round. I admire your enthusiasm!

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Heck of a fish! I didn't think we even had rainbows that size in the hooch at all. Most seem to be between 8 and 12 inches. A 19 incher is definitely a true trophy! You caught the needle in the haystack right there!

Coenen

Beautiful fish bud, nice caring for the fish too. Good for you!
Always felt some kind of way about killing the big ones.
Better take it easy, I have seen plenty a Hooch addiction start that very same way.
I've lived within just a few minutes of Buford Dam my entire life, and only started exploring this fishery a few years ago. Kinda kicking myself for how long I've been missing out! It's a great piece of water and a ton of fun.
Well done all the way 'round. I admire your enthusiasm!
Hahaha, I was pretty pumped! I may have celebrated when I brought him to the net, it's possible I would've embarrassed myself if there had been anyone else around to see it. Very possible. :LOL:
Heck of a fish! I didn't think we even had rainbows that size in the hooch at all. Most seem to be between 8 and 12 inches. A 19 incher is definitely a true trophy! You caught the needle in the haystack right there!
Those 8-12" fish are the regular stockers. We got some XL ones with the first run from the hatcheries last year, 14" or so and a few of those have survived, and shown up as a larger class of fish this season. This trout was in another league altogether. Sometimes they grow out long and snakey; he was just thick all the way around. Stout and mean.