Trout Fishing

Mossy0ak270

I'm goin trout fishin tomorrow on the Tallulah and was wonderin if yall know if the rivers are real stained still from all the rain we've had? Also, do you think the water is still to cold to get in without waders? I have some but they get really HOT. Anyone who knows, I would appreciate it.

Ga-Spur

I don't know about the staining ; but I know that water is too cold for me without waders.

Woody's Janitor

The water is clearing fast and it is cold.

Kdog

What are you waiting on? Get going and give us a report when you get back. The water should be clear by now depending on where you are fishing.

Oh yea, bring the waders. ;)

Kdog

Mossy0ak270

Got back a couple hrs ago. The water is beautiful! Not stained at all. I caught 10 in about an 2 hrs. This is the first time I've been since last summer and it reminds me why I love goin so much. Also, these fish were bigger than normal stockers as well.
Oh yeah and I'm glad and I took waders, cause the water was cold! :hair: :fine:

Kdog

Glad to hear you had a good trip. There could have been some holdover's in there, but remember that this was a great year for size of stocked fish with the average around 12".

Kdog

Kdog

Glenn, they were doing very good on a Y2K opening weekend.

Kdog

Glenn

Ahh the Y2k bug.....

Thanks Kdog :clap:

Still hve not figured out what that thing looks like other than a piece of Candy Corn from Halloween :bounce:

Kdog

Glenn, go to the NGTO website and look up fishinpreacher. He is the man that was catching them all. The Y2K was not the only thing he was using, but it seemed to be the most productive. I was using a white plastic worm, and did rather well myself.

Kdog

Glenn

I am on that website all the time so I will look him up. I have a Trout trip in May so I am tying up a bunch of flies right now to prepare.

I don't any Y2K's made up yet though...

Mossy0ak270

I was just spin fishin with my ultra light. I guess im a sight to see with my fishing vest and waders lookin like a true fly fisherman with a ultra light in hand. :bounce: I have seriously thought about tryin my hand in fly fishin in the near future. For now though its just me and my 5' microlite rod and a Quantum Extra Lite in hand. :banana:

E

Etter1

Don't worry about it MossyOak. I usually outfish all those orvis guys anyway with nothing but a few panther martins. :D