tru lock and longbeard xr??

GADawg08

who all is going with this set up? I had a tru lock in a verona several years ago but I no longer have that gun....thinking about trying one of their specialty chokes out in a 870 project gun I bought

01Foreman400

Staff member
who all is going with this set up? I had a tru lock in a verona several years ago but I no longer have that gun....thinking about trying one of their specialty chokes out in a 870 project gun I bought

I don't think you can go wrong seeing as they have a 60 day return policy. Trulock makes a great product and they stand behind it.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I just ordered a Tru-Lock. It is the one they designed for shooting 3" Fed Heavy 7's out of a 20ga.

I wanted a backup load and choke to shoot if I ran short on TSS components or just wanted to try something else out for the heck of it.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I just ordered a Tru-Lock. It is the one they designed for shooting 3" Fed Heavy 7's out of a 20ga.

I wanted a backup load and choke to shoot if I ran short on TSS components or just wanted to try something else out for the heck of it.

My dad shoots that choke with TSS and it throws a great pattern.

GTHunter

I just put the Trulock choke for Longbeard XR #4s on my new 870. I am itching to try it out, but it is going to have to wait a few weeks until I can find time to pattern it. I'll report back when I do.

wooly

second that!

I don't think you can go wrong seeing as they have a 60 day return policy. Trulock makes a great product and they stand behind it.

I'll second that!

Gamblinman

TruLock and Federal Heavyweight 7's made me put my Nitro Ammunition away. That stuff hits them like Thor's hammer. 11 birds down last year and only 1 flopped due to me pushing a branch out of the way with my gun barrel and it slipped right as I cut loose.

Gman

GADawg08

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=836758&highlight=

I have one in my sx3. Here's the patterning results from last year. It's a killer combo.

Optics planet has decent prices on the trulock chokes, BTW.

I took a look at that thread...great pattern with the sx3!! I also have an sx3 that was having some POI issues last year with long beard #5 with a comp-n-choke XXfull....I'll be trying out the tru lock WLB #5 choke in an 870 I just got

GADawg08

I just put the Trulock choke for Longbeard XR #4s on my new 870. I am itching to try it out, but it is going to have to wait a few weeks until I can find time to pattern it. I'll report back when I do.

any update on the pattern??

GTHunter

I shot it this weekend. I didn't take any pictures but I am very happy with it. I didn't draw a 10" circle, but there were 44 pellets in the little 6" circle around the waddle on the turkey target I used, and many more in the head and down into the body.

One thing I noticed was on both shots, the center of the pattern was about 3 or 4 inches left of my point of aim. I'm not sure if this is user error, or just how the choke throws the pellets. The pellet count would have been a lot higher had I hit exactly where I was aiming. I will be aiming slightly right at any birds I see this year.

GADawg08

I shot it this weekend. I didn't take any pictures but I am very happy with it. I didn't draw a 10" circle, but there were 44 pellets in the little 6" circle around the waddle on the turkey target I used, and many more in the head and down into the body.

One thing I noticed was on both shots, the center of the pattern was about 3 or 4 inches left of my point of aim. I'm not sure if this is user error, or just how the choke throws the pellets. The pellet count would have been a lot higher had I hit exactly where I was aiming. I will be aiming slightly right at any birds I see this year.

did you try #5 or 6? also, Im assuming you went with the .670 if you're shooting the #4

GTHunter

No I only shot #4s. The LB #4 choke is 0.665 for Remington. I had planned on shooting #5s if I didn't like the pattern, but it gave me no reason to dislike it.

chadf

Shoot some cheap 2 3/4" bird/dove loads close. 20 yards or less to check poa/poi. Use your gun/choke combo and save your turkey loads and your shoulder.

My $.02

BOWROD

I have the tru loc / long beard xr combo on my browning gold 3.5 ,,& its Bad to the bone !!! They know its good ,,hence the don't like it return it policy !!!

deast1988

I dropped sumtoy completely this year for everything trulock.
There fed #7 heavy weight choke is top notch very clean and precise throws an awesome pattern.

Went with an older .665 in my Vinci 3in fed 7s did great there aswell. 60day return policy can't be beat to atleast give it a try.

GADawg08

so I decided to go with the .650 instead of the .660 that trulock recommends for the LB #5's ...I'll be testing it out shortly with the #6's. Has anyone tried the #5's with the .650?

01Foreman400

Staff member
so I decided to go with the .650 instead of the .660 that trulock recommends for the LB #5's ...I'll be testing it out shortly with the #6's. Has anyone tried the #5's with the .650?

Looking forward to the results.