Truck bed covers???

dbodkin

I have a RAM 1500 short bed. It came with an "UNDERCOVER" hard shell bed cover. I was driving in WY and a blast cross the highway lifted me up tore the bed cover off like a frizbee. So I'm looking for a replacement recommendation. Not another Undercover it was held together with pop rivets.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I just looked at the website. Those are nice. I couldn't find prices though.

I have had Leer an ARE covers, my opinion ARE is a much better deal. Better locks on rear latches an Pistons in lift arms are better.

WayneB

I just looked at the website. Those are nice. I couldn't find prices though.
$1300- $1800 depending on model and over top capacity.
ATV toters are substantially more. First on I ever saw had a side by side on it. Incredibly tough covers..

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've got a Tonneau folding cover. Had it since 2012 and still holding up well. Was $250. F150 Crew cab short bed.

hopper

I like the ones that roll back although I have not had one, I have had the flip top ones. Really limited what I could haul in my bed.

wvdawg

Staff member
Put a Lomax tri-fold on my Silverado. Installed in about 30 minutes with clamps. No retractors hanging down taking up space in truck bed. Totally waterproof - lockable. Can lift off in under a minute for full bed access if needed. Fits flat on bed rails - hard to tell it is even on the truck when viewing from the side.

Dub

Have any of you noticed a change in your average mpg after you installed your bed covers ?

triple play

access roll up works great for me. the one that mounts a little higher because you need that extra inch many times.

Last edited:

hipster dufus

extang hard trifold 2.0.easy to remove and theftproof.. very happy with it.its on a frontier short bed so it has to come off if i want to haul any large items. wantef one that sat on top and didnt need to have brackets a=or rails installed. 2 screw type clamps at front and 2 spring hooks in back

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I've got the Bakflip tri fold on my two trucks. After 26 months they are taking a beating(leak, some stuff broken). We work these trucks though.
I'll buy them for my next truck.
They should be bullet proof for the kind of "guys" that only haul a golf bag. You know, the guys that wear a sweater vest and a visor.