Truck drivers... best chain binder?

Toliver

I need some new chain binders. The springs are worn out in some of ours so the direction selector won't stay down in the teeth to push them. What is the best brand and place to get them? These are primarily used for a skid steer, 50 h.p. tractor or a small track hoe. Thanks.

This style. This is just screen shot of the first ones I found online to show which ones I'm looking for.
Screenshot_20240101_020011_Chrome.jpg

Toliver

Thanks guys. There's about a million of them on Amazon but I wanted informed opinions on good ones. The ones we have are so old I don't even know what brand they are.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Thanks guys. There's about a million of them on Amazon but I wanted informed opinions on good ones. The ones we have are so old I don't even know what brand they are.
Be mindful of what steel they are made of.
Not all steel is created equal.

Toliver

I'm liking the Peerless with the folding handle. I think the ones with the 7100 pound work load will be more than enough for our needs.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I'm liking the Peerless with the folding handle. I think the ones with the 7100 pound work load will be more than enough for our needs.
I would figure the shock load when deciding what size.

I take and unscrew the hooks outta the barrel and put some grease in there. When you ratchet in and out it grease's itself. I use wd-40 to keep the gears and springs working smoothly..

Toliver

Do you use the folding handle ones? I'd like some good feedback on those before I pull the trigger. In my mind, centered ratchet means even and smooth turns. The offset handle looks like it would pull more one way or the other at the end.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
FYI, Peerless is not made in the US. I would look at Columbus McKinnon, they are made here. Make sure whatever you buy are G70 or G80 rated. Those are the ones that DOT accept. If you ever have an accident, DOT will check the ratings on the chains and load binders. They must be at least a G70.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
7100 pound rating will equal a 28,400 breaking strength, and will be a G80 3/8 chain. It is great for bucking anything you can legally haul without a CDL. If you have one on each corner, you will be golden.

What’s he said ^^
In big hauling folding binders arent the norm.. it creates another area for something else to break of go wrong. People use them and they have proper rated ones. It’s more for convenience and space saving. I don’t prefer them myself.

Toliver

What’s he said ^^
In big hauling folding binders arent the norm.. it creates another area for something else to break of go wrong. People use them and they have proper rated ones. It’s more for convenience and space saving. I don’t prefer them myself.
The space is what I was thinking of but you're right about one more moving part waiting to break.

Toliver

I went with this 4 pack thanks to y'all's input. I appreciate the help.

Mytee Products (4 Pack) 3/8"-1/2" Heavy Duty Ratchet Lever Load Binder w/Grab Hooks 9,200 Lbs Working Load Limit - Red | Tie Down Hauling Chain Binders for Flatbed Truck Trailer https://a.co/d/7p64cNH