TSS cycling issues

RichardC

My SX3 won't cycle 3.5" Apex. It'll cycle every other load I've run through it, including 3" Apex. It'll eject the spent shell and let a new shell out of the magazine but won't pick it up. I've stripped the gun's internals down naked cleaning it and it still won't run them.
Im having the same issues with my Super X4

cowhornedspike

Not a good idea.
If you file enough off to do any good, it will be so thin it could cause pressure issues.

If you are just bent on shooting that particular shell, have a smith do the forcing cone. That will solve the length problem and help keep your shot from deforming. That will reduce the number of "fliers" and all the other good stuff associated with doing a forcing cone.

Its not very expensive compared to the cost of a couple boxes of those fancy shells.

The forcing cone is in front of the chamber in the barrel and has nothing to do with the problem the OP is having. Also there is no need to lengthen or otherwise change the forcing cone for shooting TSS as it will not shoot any better and the shot does not deform anyway like lead shot would. Your answer would help if he were shooting lead shot though.