Turkey baiting?

cowhornedspike

I disagree. GA has politicians not biologists setting baiting seasons. There is no telling what politicians will do.

Most biologists will tell you baiting is just bad, period!

There is NO difference in baiting deer, bear or turkey. It just not good wildlife management.

I believe there is a difference in baiting deer, bear or turkey. Turkeys don't eat at night!! Think about it

^^^ this. Will-dawg got it right.

turkeykirk

Or outlaw baiting all together.
That would pretty much cut out any grey areas.

My sentiments exactly. Just wonder how the "no baiting" would go over with the folks at Bass Pro, Cabelas, Walmart, Tractor Supply and all the others that have pallets of deer corn for sale.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
But the politicians did legalize it for deer and hogs.

It will be interesting to see if they revisit the issue.

Elected politicians don`t have enough sense to get out of the rain. You can show them this and tell em I said it. They pass laws they have no clue about, and if you want laws passed so you can bait turkeys, you are no different than them. To legalize baiting for turkeys will seal their doom and is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of.

If you want to kill turkeys, learn how to hunt.

lampern

Elected politicians don`t have enough sense to get out of the rain. You can show them this and tell em I said it. They pass laws they have no clue about, and if you want laws passed so you can bait turkeys, you are no different than them. To legalize baiting for turkeys will seal their doom and is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of.

If you want to kill turkeys, learn how to hunt.

I don't/didn't want any baiting legalized because of problems like this.

As an aside Texas does allow baiting of turkeys and hogs at the same time.

kiltman

What about posting a sign at the feeder that says "no turkeys allowed". That should be ok with the DNR, right?