Turkey Breast Sous Vide...

Big7

The Oracle
Turkey breast tenderloins Sous Vide attempt.
24oz pack" 2 tenderloins as big as a chicken breast. Dang big turkey.
Almost fills up a quart freezer bag.

Got 2 and curing for a bit in some Original Everglades and Badia Sazón Completa.

Translated into Redneck, it's
pronounced sue-veed ?
I didn't know that.

Might ad some more seasoning depending on the color in a few hours.

We will see.
20220629_133737.jpg20220629_134757.jpg20220629_134044.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
Yeah...
Now that I'm fully awake- I see some sinew that has to be trimmed off and I ain't got near enough seasoning on there. Better to add than try to take away I recon. Prolly going to pat dry and
re-'season after the salt does it's thing.
These are really big enough to smoke. I thought it was strips when I got them. Didn't realize how big those 2 tenderloins were until I opened the pack.

Wish I had a vacuum sealer.
They are going for around $250.00 on the net.
When I wanted one a few years ago they were around b$150.00. Shouldda' grabbed one then.
facepalm:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
When I wanted one a few years ago they were around b$150.00. Shouldda' grabbed one then.
Foodsaver.com has the one I've been using for over 5 years (FM2100-000) for 146.98. I haven't had a problem out of mine and use it at least once per week.

Big7

The Oracle
Foodsaver.com has the one I've been using for over 5 years (FM2100-000) for 146.98. I haven't had a problem out of mine and use it at least once per week.
Thank You!! I need to stop buying guns and boolits all the time and maybe I can put a buck' fifty to the side and get one.

Side note: The charity I work for lets volunteers take home food for working. You have to sign for it and it's completely legit. I can get a bunch of all kinds of stuff in bulk for free or nearly free as long as it's not abused or being sold.

They fired a few folks for taking stuff back to the store and getting a refund. Now, we have to take a black marker and strike through the bar code to prevent this from happening.
facepalm:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
facepalm:
You can get a FoodSaver on Amazon for <$100. I've sealed hundreds and hundreds of pounds of meat, fish, etc with a $99 FoodSaver I got at Walmart. Keeps meat and fish fresh for years. It's all you need unless you are running a commercial butcher shop.

I don't use it for soaking meat in warm dishwater for two days, though. ::ke:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I'll pass on the Sue Veed.

Turkey breast brined and grill or smoked, I'm all over that. And Badia Complete is a pantry staple here.

Big7

The Oracle
You can get a FoodSaver on Amazon for <$100. I've sealed hundreds and hundreds of pounds of meat, fish, etc with a $99 FoodSaver I got at Walmart. Keeps meat and fish fresh for years. It's all you need unless you are running a commercial butcher shop.

I don't use it for soaking meat in warm dishwater for two days, though. ::ke:
Gordon Ramsey(sp) usees the technique in his hi dollar restaurants.

A guest tried to out him and called it "boiling bags".
Haven't seen him use this since.

I took it out of the brine this morning.
Going to prolly do them tonight.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Sue Veed. Doin 6 hours in water what I can do in 6 minutes on my grill ::ke:

Big7

The Oracle
Sue Veed. Doin 6 hours in water what I can do in 6 minutes on my grill ::ke:
Changed the plan. ?
They going to get roasted along with some leg quarters I found in the freezer making room for a bunch of Ahi Tuna Steaks, some whole Salmon Fillets and what looks to be some cut up around prolly 1 1/2 pound fillets. Big thick ones too..
That Turkey looked to good for the first attempt at Sous Vide.

Got them swimming in some liquid smoke and Worcestershire Sauce. We will see I recon.

Lindseys Grandpa

I was skeptical of Sous vide also but decided to give it a try . I can do a medium rare Chuck roast and make it tender as a ribeye if there is another method to do that I haven't seen or heard of it . I can do a brisket med rare and it's like a sirloin . It will thaw food quicker than anything I have seen . It will reheat meat w/o drying it out . It's just another tool to use .