Turkey fan ( reaping)

nrh0011

I drive around with a fan on my truck's front bumper, honking the horn at field birds. Keep the hammer cocked on my muzzleloader.

humdandy

Banned
I plan on trying it......you think this would work?

Attachments

• mr-gobbles-fleece-turkey-costume.jpg
    mr-gobbles-fleece-turkey-costume.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 974

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Booner Killa

On a serious note, this very topic came up before the season last season. I said heck no I wouldn't fan one. Then I fanned in two last season. Shot one at 22 steps in self defense coming to whip my tail. My buddy shot another one at about 8-10 steps coming to whip my butt. It was an absolute blast and a new way to kill turkeys. Indians did it hundreds of years ago I reckon. I will be the first to say I "knocked before I tried it". I will fan one in a second. It's fun and another tactic under certain circumstances. I love it.

Last edited:

nrh0011

Your welcome , thought it would be a good way to pass a little time til opening day !

I was just messing, always enjoy seeing what people think about the topic. I've done it, but haven't made up my mind about the practice just yet.

Honolua

In my book; When I think, "unethical", a picture of a guy with a crossbow comes to mind' not a guy reaping gobblers...just saying. Lol.

Slings and Arrows

Never tried it but it does sound like a rush. I'm getting too old and sore to be crawling for them any more. I can wait for them.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Do you take a blow up man to the bar to attract women? Then leave the fan at home and turkey hunt.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Do you take a blow up man to the bar to attract women? Then leave the fan at home and turkey hunt.

When successful videos start showing up everywhere with women flocking to the blow up man in the bar then it will become popular practice to do also.

JMB

Fanning: The difference between turkey hunters and opportunists seeking only self indulgence.

Garnto88

The guy in the video mentioned "your granddaddy". he must not have talked to a lot of grandaddys. They got there early and shot em off roost.

Last edited: