Turkey fan ( reaping)

turkeykirk

When successful videos start showing up everywhere with women flocking to the blow up man in the bar then it will become popular practice to do also.

Great idea! I need all the help I can get.:rofl:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
The guy in the video mentioned "your granddaddy". he must not ave talked to a lot of grandaddys. They got their early and shot me off roost.

Surely u realized the guy in the video is an idiot , I'd bet I've killed twice as many as him , and u are rt my granddaddy done whatever it took to put a bird on the ground !

hoppie

I can see where it would be fun. It is just not the game I enjoy playing. I enjoy using the lay of the land and a mouth call. I realize there are still modern things in my arsenal and yes the Indians did use some of these methods, but there is something about knowing I used woods sense and one or two calls to kill a bird. Would feel like the fan or decoy got the bird in, not me. To each their own if legal, just my two cents.

Garnto88

Surely u realized the guy in the video is an idiot , I'd bet I've killed twice as many as him , and u are rt my granddaddy done whatever it took to put a bird on the ground !

Yes I did realize that .. And I figure he has killed a couple of turkeys and like many is an overnight expert..

antharper

Staff member
Just a quick easy question for everyone that's so against this technique , would u rather someone sneak up on u and kill u or would u rather have a sexy sounding girl calling u and when u finally catch up to her all excited and she pulls out a gun and blows your head off ???

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I would hope she missed and I ran away. Saying what the world just happen.

Antharper
Most of these folks don't know how to hunt either. Most have a feeder going off in a food plot right up til opener. They call. Turkeys make sounds. Turkeys come. Gobbler gets shoot.

Lols. I would worry one little bit. U can out call most of them on here now & stay with it al day. They back at the huddle house by 10.

antharper

Staff member
Yeah but these public land birds I kill are easy , I just act like I'm fishing and troll rt up on em and quickly trade my fishing pole for my gun

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yeah but these public land birds I kill are easy , I just act like I'm fishing and troll rt up on em and quickly trade my fishing pole for my gun

That ain't hunting. Maybe legal. But not for me in my book.
U need to throw that fishing pole down and "HUNT".

Garnto88

Just a quick easy question for everyone that's so against this technique , would u rather someone sneak up on u and kill u or would u rather have a sexy sounding girl calling u and when u finally catch up to her all excited and she pulls out a gun and blows your head off ???

This gives me an idea for my decoy I have been working on. . I have a prototype for a remote control decoy on wheels. It carries a pistol . Once the gobbler hangs up I remote it to him while he is in strut mode. The decoy pulls up to him and with one motion raises the pistol and blows his head off. I've heard of some carrying six shooters with rat shot so I'm getting some good ideas from these post.

chefrific

The women folk on here are something else.

bangbird

Did it once years ago before it was a thing, but wasn't trying to. I was sneaking up to a field to set up and was using the strutting decoy as cover. When the gobbler saw it he came running to it. I dropped the decoy and shot him. Was cool one time but not something I've ever been interested in doing again.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Turkey forum is like the deer forum now. facepalm:

antharper

Staff member
Not a newbie here , been killing them since I was 13 , 31yrs , and I don't brag but I have 121 beards and sets of spurs, in just 2 states ga and Alabama , and I've killed em just about every imaginable way possible and still enjoy seeing everyone flopping especially when my 13 yr old daughter pulls the trigger , she's killed more than a lot of men

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Yep... full of newbies and fan boys that really don't know very much about hunting..

No... It's more like folks telling others what they feel is the right and wrong way to hunt.There is no right or wrong it's more like what's legal and not legal. When it comes to hunting it's about enjoyment and the outdoors. I could care less how people feel about the way I hunt and my choices. I do what makes me happy as long as it's legal. If other people harvest a animal I congratulate them on their kill not judge them on their method of how they went about doing it. Different strokes for different folks.:cheers:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yep... full of newbies and fan boys that really don't know very much about hunting..

Thanks for noticing. :) I've only been doing this since I joined the forum. Got in the turkey challenge that year.
Did well. I helped win one a few years back.
My thought is we all can't be experts, we need help.
Maybe some of y'all could take me under your wing so to speak and show me some expert technique.

I'm just a ol deer hunter. Filling in time til bow season starts.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The women folk on here are something else.

My wife is in here. Buck killers Wife. Look at here photo album on here. She uses push button calls & 1 box.
I'll tell her u noticed she's in here.
Thanks