Turkey hats

strothershwacker

I get a lotta talk bout my hat. Got a real big offer on it at the turkey show in Nashville. Most birds just give up when they see this hat.:panybody else got a good turkey hat? Share em with us!20181019_114106.jpg

fountain

Yep...a bottom land primos hat that is my primary turkey hat. Before that I had a bottom bottomland drake hat that had a good run...dont even know why I switched. My current hat must have gotten its start about 2015 or so. I also had a bottomland ol tom that that had about 4 years of good running too, but became pretty tattered

Attachments

• Snapchat-1355251484.jpg
    Snapchat-1355251484.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 145

KentuckyHeadhunter

Been living in GA for 23 yrs now and I had to retire my camo UK hat. The turkeys vanished when I wore that hat. I guess cuz turkeys are scared of wildcats. Redbeard (Dean Mundhenke) has one of the coolest ones I've seen. It's wrapped in spurs and looks like its seen a war or three.

six

Yep ,had one. Montgomery was her name. I'm no fan of the NWTF by any means, but this hat was gifted to me and it was full of future turkey kills. From the very first time I took her on a hunt she performed like no other. You wouldn't believe the birds she seen flopping in her short 5 or 6 year run.

She met an unfortunate demise several years ago. She was the victim of a hit and run bush hog accident. I tried my hardest to save her, but she lost her battle before I could even get her back to the camp for emergency stitches and super glue. Once I accepted the fact that she was gone forever, I decided to give her a proper send off in the turkey woods. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, RIP you turkey killing gem!

On a happier note I have found a suitable substitute that has surpassed "Montgomey"
45078290144_21714c7e74_z.jpg

44889757075_6924ef20a0_z.jpg

45753181022_d9bb0fe7b2_z.jpg

30863144617_fdd98e0148_z.jpg

Last edited:

Ricochet

Oh yeah, I have a favorite hat or 2 or 3. Like the one in my profile pic. :)

lancek742

Been living in GA for 23 yrs now and I had to retire my camo UK hat. The turkeys vanished when I wore that hat. I guess cuz turkeys are scared of wildcats. Redbeard (Dean Mundhenke) has one of the coolest ones I've seen. It's wrapped in spurs and looks like its seen a war or three.
One less UK anything in the woods is a good thing lol. GO CARDS

dhsnke

Here's mine. All my buddies say it's my signature. I don't wear hats with a bill while hunting. It is too easy for a turkey or deer to pick it out.

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 36

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I'm only attached to my cotton turkey vest I guess. The hats have came and went thru the years, but I've worn that sorry spandex pocketed vest with no organization other than 2 on the outside, and 2 zippered on the inside for over 25 yrs.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Looks like he just woke up right there

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
SPARTAAAAANS!!!!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have an unlucky hunting hat, and an unlucky fishing hat, too. :bounce: