Turkey hunting weapon of choice ?

Pappy

First post in ages! But mine is pretty simple. Mossberg 500, 3" #5 Longbeards. The XX Full choke that came on it (measures .670).
I added a shotgun scope this go round. We'll see.

Last edited:

turkeyman55

turkey

First post in ages! But mine is pretty simple. Mossbery 500, 3" #5 Longbeards. The choke that came on it (measures .670).
I added a shotgun scope this go round. We'll see
last year i got so excited when 4 toms stood 20 ft in front of me i aimed took my time boom i killed 2 toms plus 2 75 dollar a piece decoys and i only was trying to shoot one tom tom fever hit me my sxs 16 ga

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
Winchester Model 12 3" magnum. Winchester #5 shot.

thumper523

My rig

12 Gauge Remington 887 Nitro w/ Jelly Head .665 choke, 3" Win Long Beard XR #4 and Tru-Glo Fiber sights.

ScottA

1187 Supermag SPS Turkey with Jeb's choke

Last edited:

JHannah92

This year I'm taking my SX3. Trulock choke matched to Win Long Beard #6's.

Got a shorter, lighter Mossberg 500 that I'll probably use some, but I just love my winchester.

yellowhammer73

Youth 870 20 ga fed #7 bushnell shotgun scope truglow choke
Special purpose youth 870 12 ga fed #7 rem x-full choke Simmons prodiamond scope
Mossberge 510 20 fed #7 trulock choke

Pappy

First post in ages! But mine is pretty simple. Mossberg 500, 3" #5 Longbeards. The XX Full choke that came on it (measures .670).
I added a shotgun scope this go round. We'll see.

Well yesterday I broke down and put a JellyHead choke on this thing. It was patterning very nice to 30-33 yards but I just wasnt happy with it at 40 or so. Not that I would likely shoot one that far, but I just wanted it as efficient as possible. Still shooting the 3" Longbeards but went with the #6 shot as this choke patterned a lot better with those over the 5s. Not just the number of pellets, but better coverage and not so many gaps in the shot at 40 yards. Im sure its not as good as some of the others posted in here but I'll have to say that choke made a huge difference. :D

rosewood

I'm sure this will open a can of worms, but that isn't my intent... But my weapon of choice would be a .22 LR. I don't care much for shotguns, and I can flat get some critters with it. Too bad it isn't a legal option.

I thought rimfire was legal for turkey

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
NEF Pardner 12 gauge single shot with factory xtra full choke. Seems to pattern everything pretty well.

tr21

i have 2 835's . i 24in w/ tight wad choke and the other a 26in w/ rhino choke. shoot the real nitro (not remington) 4x5x7 heavy shot in both. he doesn't get up when they cut loose !

Permitchaser

Mossburg 835 Util-Mag Pump, 3 1\2" chamber , Primos Tight Wad choke
I've had this gun for years. Bought it when it first came out