Turkey Poults

Coach Reynolds

Are we going to have a lot of jakes this year and a bunch of crazy 2yr olds next season?

six

Looking good around here.

J Gilbert

I'm not too sure, I feel like this year could've been a bad hatch as there weren't many poults seen around my place. I'm hoping that it's not as bad as I think though, but with the cold spring and all the rain, I'm afraid that many hens lost their eggs/poults.

Gut_Pile

Best hatch I've ever seen in my neck of the woods. I have a group of 25 turkeys that I see everytime I hunt my place is Baldwin county. Two of them are hens, the rest are jakes and jennies. 23 poults in one group suviving is awesome. I have another group of one hen and 9 jakes and jennies running around too.

I have heard good things all over all year.

J Gilbert

Some of the reports you guys are giving has given me hope, maybe things are better than I thought

rydert

Blue Heeler man
this year i have seen more turkeys than ever. Every time I deer hunt I see turkeys...at least 20 each time....now I just need to learn how to call them or get someone to call them for me and my son(mainly for my son):shoot:

rydert

Blue Heeler man
there were 15 more on the left of this picture...sorry about the poor quality cell phone pic

turkeys (450 x 600).jpg

Gadget

Looks average to below average to me. I still expect it to be a pretty good season though, we had quite a few 2yr olds left over last year from the exceptional hatch in 2008. Should be some 3yr olds this coming season.

Last edited:

hoppie

Saw as many jakes as I had seen the year before last season, plus plenty of 2 yr. olds made it. Only had so many tags. Also have seen a fair amount of poults.

Wishin I was Fishin

Seen more jakes than I know what to do with this deer season. Quite a few mature birds as well. I'm just waiting on March to roll around and it's on.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
We have seen several turkeys on our club this fall with at least 7 being long beards. My son and I even herd some gobbling a few weeks ago….dont know what’s up with that??