Turkey Rama

Swamprat

Swamprat
Surprised nobody has mentioned the event this weekend in Perry.

Went Saturday after leaving the hunting property on my way back to Florida, bunch of folks there. Saw a few folks in attendance I have deer hunted and turkey hunted with who have not seen in a few years so nice to catch up.

Went down the trumpet call rabbit hole, never owned one or used one but decided this year to take one up. tried several from different call makers but settled on one from Rex Calls. Was easiest to run for me after trying a few he had. Liking this thing already and sure will look at other makers in the future as I get better with this one. Picked up a few mouth calls from a company with the last name Wrecker, can't post the first part of their name. Good calls and good folks.

As far as good folks there was a bunch of call makers who would talk turkey, ask or answer questions, give advice, listen to your stories, etc.

fullstrut

Haven't been to that show since the early 90's. But good luck on that new Trumpet. Post pics . This season.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I haven’t seen anything on the show. Guess that’s why I missed it.

Ugahunter2013

Local news (Macon) did a short segment on it but they only broadcasted from the "Fish-a-rama" and did not mention the Turkeyrama. The last time I went was 15 years ago and it was slam packed, but from what I have heard the show has lost interest each year. I do know some big time custom call makers had booths at the show this year, but unfortunately we weren't able to make it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Surprised nobody has mentioned the event this weekend in Perry.

Went Saturday after leaving the hunting property on my way back to Florida, bunch of folks there. Saw a few folks in attendance I have deer hunted and turkey hunted with who have not seen in a few years so nice to catch up.

Went down the trumpet call rabbit hole, never owned one or used one but decided this year to take one up. tried several from different call makers but settled on one from Rex Calls. Was easiest to run for me after trying a few he had. Liking this thing already and sure will look at other makers in the future as I get better with this one. Picked up a few mouth calls from a company with the last name Wrecker, can't post the first part of their name. Good calls and good folks.

As far as good folks there was a bunch of call makers who would talk turkey, ask or answer questions, give advice, listen to your stories, etc.

Jamey makes a fine trumpet. Debbie and Jamey gifted me one a few years ago and it is a mighty nice call.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I have a copper pot call from Jamie. It’s a fine call.

Gaswamp

use to go to that show a lot back in the day. Always enjoyed visiting with Jack Scott and his wife, David Halloran, and Tommy Walton

Swamprat

Swamprat
Really like this trumpet, ran a few of Jamie's copper pots and they were nice. Just have enough pot calls so wanted something different so went with a trumpet.

All of the folks at the Halloran booth were great to talk with.

By the amount of folks it seems like maybe it is coming back. Most of the call makers were mainly from Georgia and Alabama, I imagine with the NWTF convention right on the heels of this a lot of other call makers might have passed.