Two obsidian knives-Two different styles

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The first one is a drop point made from tiger stripe obsidian. The trailin` point is triple flow obsidian.

Blades are set in a whitetail antler handle with hoof glue mixed with powdered deer antler, and then overwrapped with deer backstrap sinew. The stand is a section of the same antler.

Attachments

• MVC-103F.JPG
    MVC-103F.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 800
  • MVC-104F.JPG
    MVC-104F.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 720

knifemaker

Lookin Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fine:

60Grit

Sawweeeeet.

Are those for particular customers??

Or

Is there a chance they'll make it to a raffle, or even a trading blanket..?? :biggrin2:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
These two are gone, Grit, but, I`m bringin` one to donate for a door prize, and I`ll have at least one more, maybe two, for tradin` and barter.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Those are some beautiful pieces!

I had Nicodemus make one of these (like in the second picture) for my Dad a couple of years back and then my wife had also contacted him without me knowing and had him make one for me from the same piece of Obsidian...which gives them added semtimental value.

Nicodemus does some beautiful work without a doubt...

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man! Those are beauties.:cool:

dutchman

I happened to have been fortunate to have beat, uh, traded Nick outta one of his knives yesterday. I now have two!:banana:

They're different from one another and both are museum quality masterpieces!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
what kind of edge do they have are they for looks or are they for field use

They have an edge about 600 times sharper than a surgical scalpel. You can use em. I use em some, and they`ll unzip anything they touch. Most folks use em as display pieces.