Tying for tomorrow

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Round one: A flock of heavily-weighted Prince nymphs, some yellow Palmers, and Adams Variants.

flies.jpg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Very nice ties.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good! I have trouble getting the wings right on Prince nymphs.
Yeah, it can be a pain. I tie so many of them that I pretty much have it down. If God held a gun to my head and told me I could only fish with one fly the rest of my life, it would probably be a Prince or Tellico nymph.

I also tie a Prince variation with yellow instead of white wings that can be magic when the water is a little stained.

whitetailfreak

Those all look great. I could fish that dry/dropper combo the rest of the Summer and never miss a beat.

I finally got around to fishin' one of those trashy lookin' mop fly's this mornin' on a creek here close to the house. Dang they're ugly but they catch dough bellies a sight.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those all look great. I could fish that dry/dropper combo the rest of the Summer and never miss a beat.

I finally got around to fishin' one of those trashy lookin' mop fly's this mornin' on a creek here close to the house. Dang they're ugly but they catch dough bellies a sight.
What color? Tan seems to work the best around here.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was fishing dry flies yesterday and they were hitting them really good. When I decided to quit, I came to a big deep hole that nothing hit the dry fly in. I cut it off and tied on one of those Prince nymphs. I made two casts, tightlining it through the fast water at the head of the hole. Those two casts produced a 10" rainbow and an 11" brown. I figured that was a good point to stop fishing and start the hike back out.