U.S. Steel plans to lay off hundreds of workers in Michigan

https://www.netflix.com/watch/81090071?trackId=250019871&tctx=3,0,b3f37b45-f6c7-45ab-a409-d6df62a98eb3-47317876,c86c81ad-7838-49e4-afad-d217db0fd94b_15576229X72XX1566404307484,c86c81ad-7838-49e4-afad-d217db0fd94b_ROOT

Here's an interesting documentary about the Fuyao auto-glass plant, owned and managed by a Chinese company coming in to Ohio and setting up. Shows the differences of attitudes, work habits, etc
Chinese have to adjust to working free men and women vs their homeboy slave system.

Thread starter #64
https://www.netflix.com/watch/81090071?trackId=250019871&tctx=3,0,b3f37b45-f6c7-45ab-a409-d6df62a98eb3-47317876,c86c81ad-7838-49e4-afad-d217db0fd94b_15576229X72XX1566404307484,c86c81ad-7838-49e4-afad-d217db0fd94b_ROOT

Here's an interesting documentary about the Fuyao auto-glass plant, owned and managed by a Chinese company coming in to Ohio and setting up. Shows the differences of attitudes, work habits, etc
I didn't get much out of the trailer. What's the point?

mguthrie

You seem to assume that I know nothing of construction. You'd be wrong. I could teach someone in 2 weeks enough to "put a house together", but it is mostly swinging a hammer. And as far as the heat, I'm not quite sure where you're located, but I highly doubt it's hotter than here.
I really could care less what you know about construction but just by your post I know it's very limited. I've been doing this most all my 52 years and I can't teach anyone to put a house together in 2 weeks. However,if they are willing to learn and have a good work ethic, I can teach them not only how to put a house together but strike out on their own and start their own business. The problem is very few Americans will put that kind of effort into it. By the way, putting a house together has nearly zero to do with swinging a hammer. Lol

I really could care less what you know about construction but just by your post I know it's very limited. I've been doing this most all my 52 years and I can't teach anyone to put a house together in 2 weeks. However,if they are willing to learn and have a good work ethic, I can teach them not only how to put a house together but strike out on their own and start their own business. The problem is very few Americans will put that kind of effort into it. By the way, putting a house together has nearly zero to do with swinging a hammer. Lol
Typical yankee... Thinks they know so much more than the rest of us. The 3 eyed elf already told you that Americans would do the work, but you insist that they won't and that you have to get the Mexicans to do it. You also state that you pay them more than you should, giving examples of $52k/year for 4 guys on your crew. I call bull! Then you say they have to know how to "put a house together" for that kinda money. Well, which is it? Do you pay your Mexicans more than you should because you can't find Americans or not? My guess is you're paying the guys $10-$12 an hour to swing the hammer, and the lead guys more. After showing them how to do a layout, how tees, corners, and headers go together, they're ain't much left except "swinging the hammer". If you can't teach a guy in 2 weeks how to dry in a house, maybe it's because they don't speak English, or maybe it's because they're know-it-all yankees.

Thread starter #71
Typical yankee... Thinks they know so much more than the rest of us. The 3 eyed elf already told you that Americans would do the work, but you insist that they won't and that you have to get the Mexicans to do it. You also state that you pay them more than you should, giving examples of $52k/year for 4 guys on your crew. I call bull! Then you say they have to know how to "put a house together" for that kinda money. Well, which is it? Do you pay your Mexicans more than you should because you can't find Americans or not? My guess is you're paying the guys $10-$12 an hour to swing the hammer, and the lead guys more. After showing them how to do a layout, how tees, corners, and headers go together, they're ain't much left except "swinging the hammer". If you can't teach a guy in 2 weeks how to dry in a house, maybe it's because they don't speak English, or maybe it's because they're know-it-all yankees.
If you fellas are gonna start the civil war back up I want to see a good clean fight this time. No pokin' each other in the eye and definitely no Rochambo.