Ultra Dot or Sightron ?????

pdugas

I'm looking to put a red dot on my CVA Scout .243. Looking for opinions from users on Ultra Dot or Sightron or possibly others of the same quality.

Seminole Wind

I'm looking to put a red dot on my CVA Scout .243. Looking for opinions from users on Ultra Dot or Sightron or possibly others of the same quality.
I don't know about Sightron, but I have several Ultradot sights on hunting handguns. Their quality is top notch and they are reasonably priced. My favorite is the 30mm tube sight.

jmoser

Used UDs on numerous guns including slide mount .45 ACP.

For a .243 you might look at illuminated reticle scopes but for a pure 1x red dot UD cannot be beat. Watch the dot size; 4 MOA blots out 4" on your deer at 100 yards. They make a 4 dot size UD version, believe smallest is 2 MOA. Also have models with crosshairs etc. if not mistaken.

frankwright

I have an Ultra Dot on a Ruger Redhawk and it has been really good. The Sightron looks like it would be just fine too and has a Lifetime warranty.
If going with Ultradot I would probably go with the Match Dot as it has different size MOA dots and on a longer range pistol you want a pretty small dot. I would not want larger than 3 and 2 would be better.

AceOfTheBase

give a look at Sig Romeo5, have two and like them over others I have.
really like the wake-up on motion feature. its a 2 moa dot

Last edited: