Unbelieveable!

Tom Borck

Banned
Woman slain; unborn baby stolen
Friday, December 17, 2004
By ALYSON RALETZ, alysonraletz@npgco.com

A mother’s worst nightmare came true in Skidmore, Mo., Thursday afternoon.

An unknown individual entered the home of the Stinnetts — a couple married a little more than a year — and killed the 23-year-old wife, who was eight months pregnant with the couple’s first child, according to Nodaway Sheriff Bill Espey.

The unborn girl was cut out of the mother’s womb and taken from the house, Mr. Espey said.

“Someone was wanting a baby awful bad,” he said.

The mother of the victim found her inside the home, located on West Elm Street, and called police at 3:38 p.m.

Paramedics attempted to revive the victim and they transported her by ambulance to St. Francis Hospital in Maryville, Mo. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

“We’re looking into strangulation,” Mr. Espey said of the suspected cause of death. “… We know she was alive in the afternoon, within an hour of being found.”

Officials wouldn’t release the victim’s first name.

Bill Dragoo, who also lives on Elm Street, said the victim raised rat terrier dogs. A Bobbie Stinnett, who lived at 410 W. Elm St. in Skidmore, is listed on www.happyhavenfarms.com, as a breeder of rat terrier dogs. Another site, www.imageevent.com/happyhaven, states that Mrs. Stinnett worked at a four-wheeler manufacturer.

Mr. Espey said the victim worked at Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing in Maryville.

Mr. Espey said he had attempted to issue an AMBER Alert for the unborn baby, but was frustrated when he learned he couldn’t because the baby had not been born yet. He was told because there wasn’t a physical description of the baby available to release that an AMBER Alert wouldn’t be issued.

“I was told it didn’t meet the criteria because it was not a born baby,” he said. “I believe there is a live 8-month-old fetus out there we need to find.”

He requested that anyone with information surrounding a baby girl in the area that appeared to have been born this week, should call the Nodaway Sheriff’s Department at (660) 582-7451.

There were not any visible signs of struggle or forcible entry into the home, Mr. Espey said.

Authorities canvassed four blocks of Skidmore near the homicide. Neighbors hovered Wednesday night near the blocked-off crime scene, centered around a small, white, modest home that stood on a gravel road near the heart of town.

Christmas lights twinkled at virtually every house, except for the one deputies and police surrounded.

Authorities collected evidence and interviewed family members and neighbors.

But by late Wednesday night, they had exhausted all leads, Mr. Espey said.

They had, however, made one determination.

“The father is not a suspect,” Mr. Espey said.

Mr. Espey said the couple had no known enemies and was well-liked in the neighborhood.

“They stayed to themselves,” Mr. Dragoo said. “They didn’t bother anybody. It blows my mind that this happened. She was such a shy person. They didn’t deserve this.”

He said he had read in tabloid magazines of “this type of thing happening” to other people in other parts of the country.

“But not in Skidmore,” he said.

The state’s Major Case Squad, and Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop H and Buchanan County investigation teams assisted Nodaway County deputies.

Mr. Espey said the victim’s body will be taken to the Jackson County medical examiner for an autopsy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Content © 2004 NPG Newspapers Inc. - St. Joseph News-Press
Software © 1998-2004 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved

Handgunner

After reading that, if anyone is still against the death penalty, ASAP... Something is wrong with them.

How tragic and numbing to hear of something like that. :(

Meriwether Mike

Its a sad story indeed to take a happy time in someones life and take it in the opposite direction in such a quick instant. A rope and a tree are too good for the person responsible. :(

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
And some say lynch mobs are wrong. :whip:

T

georgiaboy

I don't know why I am still shocked at just how low humans can sink. This kind of savagery really makes me question the world we live in today. Hopefully the killer will be caught quickly and resist arrest several times before being put into the jail's general population.

georgiaboy

SKIDMORE, Mo. - A baby girl who apparently was cut from her mother's womb was found in good health Friday, a day after the slaying, and two people were being questioned, authorities said.

Sheriff Ben Espey said authorities were awaiting DNA testing to confirm the newborn is the child of Bobbi Joe Stinnett, 23, an eight-months-pregrant factory worker found slain in her Missouri home Thursday. The child was found in neighboring Kansas.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Sheldon Lyon said authorities were questioning a man and a woman who were in the same place as where the baby was found. A red Honda hatchback matching a description offered earlier by police was in the driveway of the home.

Espey believes Stinnett was likely strangled and resisted the attack. Authorities hoped that strands of hair found in the dead mother's hands will help find the killers.

"The autopsy is going to show us there was some blond hair probably found in her hands," the sheriff said. "That would also help us with the DNA."

Doctors said the baby could have suffered a variety of traumas during the assault, including a lack of oxygen. But the girl could likely survive if treated.

"Ninety-five percent are going to do pretty well given a modest amount of medical attention," said Dr. Perry Clark, medical director of the neonatal intensive care unit at The University of Kansas Hospital.

Toliver

So it's my understanding that these people were located after checking the victim's computer. She had been chatting on-line with the suspects about dogs. It seems they were posing as potential customers for a dog the victim apparently breeds and went to her house. I have not confirmed this info and trust only about 40% of what the media says. But if it's true it very much proves that you have to be VERY careful about the internet. You never really know who some of the people out there are and what their intent is.

Toliver

Keith Murray said:
I don't think that is a hit against the internet. They could have had a similar conversation over the phone just as easily...

Very true. I didn't intend to make it sound like a hit on the internet. It's just easier to fool people here because it's nothing but text. Much easier for predators to pretend to be something they are not.

mpowell

i couldn't believe it either, tom. sounds almost like a terrible horror movie and not real life.

the cold-blooded killer that did this needs to be disembowled hannibal lector style for this heinous act. she doesn't deserve to be breathing good air.

unfortunately, and you can bet your bottom dollar on this one, she'll be declared insane and they'll go easy on her. no doubt about it.