Unfounded fears

NOYDB

BANNED
I read an article about recycling where they warned about recycling compact fluorescent bulbs. They are so dangerous, they had all these precautions about how to discard them safely.

They contain mercury. Ooooohh!

Because as we all know there has been a rash recently of consumers sucking on old bulbs. And the amount of mercury in a bulb will cause thousands to die and destroy the environment.

Be afraid of recycling your compact fluorescent bulbs!

BTW, mercury fumes are heavier than normal air so as long as you don't snort the carpet you are reasonably safe.

sinclair1

We collected a bunch from old thermometers, used to play with it on our desk and even put it in our mouth and spit it threw our front teeth back on the desk. Chewed on lead sinkers while fishing too.

Still kicking without all these sissy allergys to food and nature. Maybe kids should take in some poison to balance the sissy.

NOYDB

BANNED
We collected a bunch from old thermometers, used to play with it on our desk and even put it in our mouth and spit it threw our front teeth back on the desk. Chewed on lead sinkers while fishing too.

Still kicking without all these sissy allergys to food and nature. Maybe kids should take in some poison to balance the sissy.

Yeah, liquid mercury is fun to play with. Makes accurate thermometers too.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

Well that explains allot. ::ke:::ke:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

Good, God! Say it it ain't so! :rofl:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten

Did your teacher ever come by and tell you to get the lead out.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
The Mad Hatter, of Alice in Wonderland fame, was 'mad' because he wore a top hat made from beaver hide that had been tanned with mercury. Soaked in through his scalp.

Sinclair went about it the much more direct method of ingestion. :crazy:

sinclair1

We would build balsa planes with .021 motors that you put the paper on and brush down with the super strong smelling stuff we called dope to form the outer shell. Then the same day we would build model cars and between the two it was so strong you would be dizzy. Then after all that just go to sleep in the room you just built all the models and planes.
They went on the outlaw half of those chemicals do to inhalation issues causing problems. I tested high on the oxygen test just recently so it didn't affect me I guess.
I still bit down on lead sinkers up to I ran out of lead.....about a year ago:rofl:

NOYDB

BANNED
I built a lot of models of military stuff and then blew them up with firecrackers. I still have all my fingers too.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Well that explains allot. ::ke:::ke:

We would build balsa planes with .021 motors that you put the paper on and brush down with the super strong smelling stuff we called dope to form the outer shell. Then the same day we would build model cars and between the two it was so strong you would be dizzy. Then after all that just go to sleep in the room you just built all the models and planes.
They went on the outlaw half of those chemicals do to inhalation issues causing problems. I tested high on the oxygen test just recently so it didn't affect me I guess.
I still bit down on lead sinkers up to I ran out of lead.....about a year ago:rofl:

That ^ explains the rest of it.:bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member