Unicoi 2017

Thread starter #1

M Sharpe

The dates for the Unicoi Custom Call Makers Show have been set!! Those dates are January 13th & 14th. Unicoi is already accepting reservations for the show. We will be extending the hours on Friday. That specific time is still up in the air right now, but I'll post it as soon as we decide what time we want to kick it off.

I would like to thank all of you that came out to help make this first year a success. It takes more than just call makers to make these things successful!!! But, without the call makers, you would not have been there either. We still promise to keep this show custom calls and custom knives. That way you don't have to wade through all of the other stuff to get to a custom call or knife maker!!

This year we had 60 vendors that showed up. We are going to spread the tables out just a bit and go with 64 tables. The guys that were set up this year will get an automatic first shot at being there next year. Two thirds of them have already responded back saying they would be there again next year. I've also started an alternate list that will be used to fill the spots of any of those that do not elect to return next year. I've already got quite a few names on that list as well. I will be posting that list of call makers in the near future!!

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited:

turkeykirk

I've a feeling that this is going to turn into "The Show" for turkey hunters and call makers. Great job Mark.

Thread starter #7

M Sharpe

Thanks guys!!! We appreciate your support!! A lot of hard work goes into these shows! For the last two days, since I sent out notifications to vendors and posted on the forums and facebook(Unicoi Call Makers Show), it has been after lunch time before I've been able to get out to the shop to work on calls! I hope that those that have calls on order from me understand!! Look to meet and greet a bunch of you next year at the show!!

Mark

gregg

I'll be there and look forward to it. I know it takes a ton of time and effort Mark, thanks for putting this together. I do have a call on order with you, but I can wait.

I'll be there again next year Mark. Great job bringing such a great event to North Georgia.

Thread starter #11

M Sharpe

I've heard reports that they are full. If you call, 800-573-9659 or 706-8782201 to book your rooms, you should be able to book.

I call Unicoi today to make reservation, I dial the 800-573-9659 number and it said to leave a message or go www.unicoi lodge.com. Went to the web site and put my dates in and it said no availability for these dates that you have requested.

Me and Mark are trying to get this solve with Unicoi. If you want to make reservation, for right now you will have to call 800-573-9659 or 706-878-2201 and press 0 for the operator and tell the person you want to make reservation for the Unicoi call maker show in Jan 2017 at this time they have rooms available.

I plan to be back in 2017, had a great time at the last show, bought lots of calls, and really appreciate all the effort and hard work to make it happen.

I too checked the online reservations, appears to not be accepting anything in 2017, no matter the date entered.

Thread starter #16

M Sharpe

I talked to Ms Chambers today. She said they had swapped software a few weeks back. She said everything should be good to go!! Just remember the promo code "turkey" for the online booking. If you have any more problems, let me know; or, do as Russell suggested. 0 goes to the front desk for reservations.

And just to confirm the good advice given above, it is best to call the lodge directly to make the reservations if using the discount code. The dates are available, and I booked on line but could not find anywhere to enter the discount code, but called and the nice folks at Unicoi took care of it for me. Now just have to work on saving up some cash to buy a few new calls at the show!

Thread starter #19

M Sharpe

I've been going over the vendor list for next years show at Unicoi. That list is looking pretty good!! We'll have some new faces there this year, but their names have been in the call making business for a while now. We've lost a couple due to conflicting dates and one retiring from the business. They will be missed, but have stated that they will probably be there in attendance!
Those show dates are January 13th & 14th. Friday's show will open up at 9:00 am and run 'til 6:00pm. Saturday's show will open at 9:00am and run 'til 5:00.

Mark

Last edited:

Gaswamp

looking forward to the show