Update - Dad and Mom

Handgunner

Dad seems to be doing better and may come home tomorrow. They want to run some more tests and be sure the medicine is doing what it's supposed to and shrinking the tumor (too small and he leaks spinal fluid, too big and it causes seizures). He's getting some rest, but still foggy on things that happened. He's overall confused about things I guess you could say.

In all this, I get a call last night telling me my mom is in the hospital in Dublin. I come to Canton to see my dad and mom gets a bloodclot on her lung and is admitted in Dublin. She may come home tomorrow providing the medicine clears her clot.

Please keep both in your prayers.

Thanks,

Delton

leadoff

GONetwork Member
Delton, let your folks know that they have plenty of prayers coming their way! :clap:

Georgiaastro

Delton,

Our prayers are with you and your family.

Larry

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Delton...

My prayers remain for your parents and your family in this hectic time for you -- If you need a place to lay your head while up this way, just let me know and there'll be a room waiting on you...

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Praying for your Parents full recovery.

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
Mom and Dad

Delton: Thanks for keeping us informed. Our continued prayers are with you all.

Vernon

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Delton, We are with your family. Hang tough and let us know if we can do anything.

Jim

pendy

Delton

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. ::;

Jeff Phillips

Delton - Your family are in our prayers :clap: Hope everyone continues to improve and gets to come home soon!

Handgunner

Thanks for the prayers, y'all.

They have seemed to help. Dad is down here with me, he got out of the hospital Saturday.

Mom is still in the hospital with multiple blood clots. She's got one in her leg and some more in her lungs. They went in to put filters in so that if any moved the filters would catch them and keep them from going through her heart.

One did, but luckily she had no problems. The first one they found in her lung had passed through her heart. She's very lucky and there's no doubt God had a hand in keeping her safe.

They say things like this come in three's. I reckon so. Before leaving Canton yesterday morning, we found out my aunt Laura had passed away Saturday night at 10pm. So if you will keep her and her family in your prayers also...
The family of Quinton and Laura Lord.

My presence here will be scarce for the next few days, as I'm taking care of Dad. He doesn't understand that he can no longer be by himself... and really doesn't understand what's going on?

Any of you that's been through this sort of thing with your parents could maybe give me some tips on how to be more patient. I pray for it constantly. How do you explain to your parent that they are "old" and need help?

Thanks for the prayers and continued support. It is very much appreciated.

Delton

pendy

Delton

It is always hard when a person has to care for their parents when they are sick. You will never regret what ever you do for them. I know God will help you thru this. Allof you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God Bless. ::;