**UPDATE** I think we have a hog problem!!

The mtn man

I wish I had a hog, them are purdy, camouflage too. I like the camo ones, they eats good.

The Fever

I wish I had a hog, them are purdy, camouflage too. I like the camo ones, they eats good.

I know of a few places in Union County with hogs. Fannin too! Just gotta look in the right place! ::ke:

The mtn man

I know of a few places in Union County with hogs. Fannin too! Just gotta look in the right place! ::ke:

Yea, there's some around, public land legalities though.

Bucaramus

Update in Post #1

I put an update in post # 1 but the trap was set last Thursday and Friday afternoon we took out a whopping 33 hogs! Ranging in size from 30 lbs to 200+ lbs. We have all of the sausage we're going to need so if someone would like some hogs, let me know and I will PM you on our next trap setting.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I put an update in post # 1 but the trap was set last Thursday and Friday afternoon we took out a whopping 33 hogs! Ranging in size from 30 lbs to 200+ lbs. We have all of the sausage we're going to need so if someone would like some hogs, let me know and I will PM you on our next trap setting.

I knew you could work on them with a trap, but 33 in one day!? :rofl:

I'm sure the deer will appreciate what you have done, too. And that's cool of you to offer the hogs to others. No doubt someone out there can use the meat. Good looking out, dude. :cool:

Bucaramus

Why are you feeding wildlife..?
Are they starving , QUOTE]

Not anymore! 33 of them met their demise last week and now live in my freezer in several different yummy flavors of sausage! Now the deer can eat their feed, and I will eat the pigs! We do still have about 5 roaming around, but I have a feeling we will get them too as soon as they start using the trap. Coons? Some lucky coon hunter is going to love me come the end of deer season. A small game hunter is too. I think we already have a taker on the rabbit hunting.

Bucaramus

I knew you could work on them with a trap, but 33 in one day!? :rofl:

I'm sure the deer will appreciate what you have done, too. And that's cool of you to offer the hogs to others. No doubt someone out there can use the meat. Good looking out, dude. :cool:

Thanks SB. It costed a fair chunk of change to turn them jokers into sausage. But man-o-man! Thanks to Drew at the Meat Shed! Some of the finest sausage I have eaten. The Liberty is awesome. Can't wait to try the rest of the flavors.

swamp hunter

SEE , Hogs ain,t so bad after all.
Had slow cooked BBQ Pork Sandwiches the other night.
Love me a couple hogs. .but , Yea 33 is a bit too many.

Bucaramus

All of my club members have sausage now! Thank God for good guys. The processing bill was a hard pill to swallow but I don't like seeing meat go to waste.

GottaGetOutdoors

I'm glad the system is working for you.

GoodOleBoy55

Nice!! you wore em out. Coworker got a piece property down the road from me in wilkinson close to the baldwin line that has a few that travel through. Not those kinds of numbers though.

Mexican Squealer

Hope you see results from your efforts. I trapped close to 90 and shot abour 20 off my farm a few summers ago
and it never seemed to make a difference

flingin1

What is a circle c trap? And you caught 33 at one time in it?

Bucaramus

What is a circle c trap? And you caught 33 at one time in it?

Yes, 33 at 1 time. Another member here sent me plans but it's a round corral trap and the hogs just push in to it. And can't get out, unless they bail over the top. And some do just that. Taller would be better. We killed over 50 last year and it really did make a difference on our place. 0 killed in 2018. Granted we weren't running the trap but we weren't getting many pictures either.