URGENT-Call the Governor Today!

BPR

Jason,

If I remember correctly, you are a retired cop, is that right?

MCBUCK

e-mailed and caled........again. every day this week. just doing my litle part.
sign it sony.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Riddle me this, if you can. What is poorly thought out and what would rather see? From your previous reply, it's obvious you don't have any idea of the current law or what HB89 would allow. Are you actually an anti-gunner that wishes nobody has the ability to carry any concealed weapons? What's the deal?

I can certainly list many facts for why this is a good bill, I am waiting for your reply on why it's bad. Judging from post #10, I am certainly not holding my breath to hear anything based on anything other than inaccurate emotional nonsense sounding like the talking points straight from the Brady Bunch.

Don't hold your breath or expect a well thought out reply. I went back through his previous posts and learned a bit about how he thinks.

Robert

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Please call and EMail today.

Thanks,

Robert

ClydeWigg3

Can anyone point out a single instance where a person with a concealed weapon permit commited an illegal act with their firearm?

I've never heard of any, but it would be interesting to know.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Can anyone point out a single instance where a person with a concealed weapon permit commited an illegal act with their firearm?

I've never heard of any, but it would be interesting to know.

Clyde,

I can't really answer your question but I did find this.

States publish statistics indicating how many people acquire permits to carry concealed weapons, and their demographics. Permit-holders are predominantly male. For example, while over 60,000 women were licensed in Florida as of June 2007, 85% of permit holders were male in that state.[36] The number of permit-holders has been growing. Michigan, for example, reported more than 40,000 applications in a one year period.[37] Florida has issued over 1.2 million permits since adopting the law, and has had more than 400,000 currently-licensed permit holders as of June 2007.[38]

Distribution by age is generally proportionate to the overall state adult population. In Florida, 26% of permit-holders are in the 21–35 age group, 36% are 36–50, 27% are 51–65, and 11% are over age 65. The numbers of permit revocations are small. North Carolina reports only 0.2% of their 263,102 holders had their license revoked in the 10 years since they have adopted the law.[39]

As you would expect from a group of citizens who have passed various criminal, mental health, and chemical dependency "background checks," permit holders are a remarkably law-abiding subclass of the population. Florida, which has issued over 1,346,000 permits in twenty years, has revoked only 165 for a "crime after licensure involving a firearm," and less than 4200 permits for any reason. [40]

jason4445

I am a retired cop, that is from where my anti gun, and pro abortion feelings come from. I was a real conservative before I was a cop. Well, still am except for these two issues. I know there are tons of campfire stories where someone showed their glocky-magnum at perceived bad guys who immediately fled and whimpered off, and the old widow woman story who shot the rapist has been told a hundred different ways. But in my experience as a cop, having a "personal protection" gun within easy reach has caused by far more misery, pain and suffering to "law abiding citizens" than anything else except alcohol.

I was totally against abortions, then I saw in police work so many terribly abused and neglected kids that it changed my belief about abortion. If I believed the human soul enters the child at conception, which I don't, at least if the mothers who won't care for their child aborted the fetus then the soul can return to God to have another chance at life with a mother that wants and will care for it.

So those are about my only two liberal beliefs. Are they reactions that come from my heart? You better believe your bippy they are. But our elected officials who represent the rural south know we just love our guns, our alcohol, and our Jesus, so they vote accordingly particularly in a election year. I just am thankful that maybe we will have our lame duck Governor with nothing to lose who will do the right thing and veto HB 89.

DYI hunting

I am a retired cop, that is from where my anti gun, and pro abortion feelings come from. I was a real conservative before I was a cop. Well, still am except for these two issues. I know there are tons of campfire stories where someone showed their glocky-magnum at perceived bad guys who immediately fled and whimpered off, and the old widow woman story who shot the rapist has been told a hundred different ways. But in my experience as a cop, having a "personal protection" gun within easy reach has caused by far more misery, pain and suffering to "law abiding citizens" than anything else except alcohol.

I was totally against abortions, then I saw in police work so many terribly abused and neglected kids that it changed my belief about abortion. If I believed the human soul enters the child at conception, which I don't, at least if the mothers who won't care for their child aborted the fetus then the soul can return to God to have another chance at life with a mother that wants and will care for it.

So those are about my only two liberal beliefs. Are they reactions that come from my heart? You better believe your bippy they are. But our elected officials who represent the rural south know we just love our guns, our alcohol, and our Jesus, so they vote accordingly particularly in a election year. I just am thankful that maybe we will have our lame duck Governor with nothing to lose who will do the right thing and veto HB 89.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion...I will not hijack the thread to discuss what I think of abortion and gun control. :whip:

NOYDB

BANNED
But in my experience as a cop, having a "personal protection" gun within easy reach has caused by far more misery, pain and suffering to "law abiding citizens" than anything else except alcohol.

Really? Funny, I have moved quite a few places around this country over the years and known a lot of officers from various jurisdictions. Never once heard anything like that about people owning guns for personal protection. In fact just the opposite, They've to the man (and woman) recommended having a gun if you are willing to learn how to use it and are commited to use it when needed.

Interesting how you came to a conclusion not shared by every other officer I've ever met.

BPR

Everyone's entitled to their opinion...I will not hijack the thread to discuss what I think of abortion and gun control. :whip:

Good point DYI.

Jason, I think your views are shared by several others including Shirley Franklin. I think that most of the people against this law are against guns in general.

I on the other hand feel that it is my right and responsibility to protect me and my family.

So on the note....

Everyone that supports HB89 needs to be calling and sending emails.

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member

At least you're retired and we don't have to rely on your "protection". With your "logic" maybe we should kill all babies, then there's no chance they could ever get abused:whip:

Anyway, the Bill got some good plugs from Boortz today. He may be anti hunting, but at least he's smart enough to realize cops don't/can't protect citizens and it's our resposibilty to protect ourselves. :flag::flag::flag:

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
Really? Funny, I have moved quite a few places around this country over the years and known a lot of officers from various jurisdictions. Never once heard anything like that about people owning guns for personal protection. In fact just the opposite, They've to the man (and woman) recommended having a gun if you are willing to learn how to use it and are commited to use it when needed.

Interesting how you came to a conclusion not shared by every other officer I've ever met.

NOYDB, I know it's a sacrifice, but you should give your avatar to Jason4445, it seems to fit him a lot better than you. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten

Jason,

I have to comment on this post.

First, you are unique because I have NEVER spoken to a LEO that feels the way you do about firearms. I have family in the Gwinnett PD and Gwinnett Sheriff's Department and I also work in ATFP with many Federal Agencies and have not heard this position before. I have had a "personal protection" firearm for well over 17 years and it has yet to cause me "misery,suffering or pain". I do however believe that it once saved me from serious harm at the hands of 3 unruly gentlemen who sought to do me harm one night so I will disagree strongly with your conclusion.

As far as abortions are concerned your position is laughable at best. Let's allow the murder of thousands of babies so that they can't grow up and possibly be abused.:crazy:

Thank you for retiring from Law Enforcement (if in fact you were a LEO) :bounce:

Robert

bulletproof1510

Jason,

I have to comment on this post.

First, you are unique because I have NEVER spoken to a LEO that feels the way you do about firearms. I have family in the Gwinnett PD and Gwinnett Sheriff's Department and I also work in ATFP with many Federal Agencies and have not heard this position before. I have had a "personal protection" firearm for well over 17 years and it has yet to cause me "misery,suffering or pain". I do however believe that it once saved me from serious harm at the hands of 3 unruly gentlemen who sought to do me harm one night so I will disagree strongly with your conclusion.

As far as abortions are concerned your position is laughable at best. Let's allow the murder of thousands of babies so that they can't grow up and possibly be abused.:crazy:

Thank you for retiring from Law Enforcement (if in fact you were a LEO) :bounce:

Robert

I couldn't have said it any better Robert except mine would have been edited for explicit---explecit--- and so on. I am an officer of the law and work in an area that is on the news everday with murders, robberies, rape, assaults, carjackings, thefts, etc..... I love what I do and yes I would have no regret of taking a human life of another if it was to protect someone else.
Jonathan

NOYDB

BANNED
NOYDB, I know it's a sacrifice, but you should give your avatar to Jason4445, it seems to fit him a lot better than you. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I must be slipping......

Nah, if he wants a really cool avatar like mine, he can steal it off the web like I did.

But to keep consistant, he should make one up.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Keep calling folks........We need to stay on top of them.

Robert