URGENT-Call the Governor Today!

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
This was copied from another forum that I visit........

Mayor Frankin with a host of others held a "MUST VETO" conference at Atlanta City Hall...

I would go into more detail but I think you can guess their arguments for not wanting this or that about the bill.

We must call, call, call, call, call post this protest.

Now or never folks...

RUMOR is PERDUE will hold a press conference about the bill this afternoon around 6pm! that timing is real weird!

Everyone please make it a point to CALL and EMAIL TODAY in support of HB89. This legislation has passed both the House and Senate but Governor Perdue is receiving tremendous pressure from MARTA, The restaurant industry and now the City of Atlanta to VETO this bill. If you would like to read up on the bill and join the group that created and pushed for it please visit www.gacarry.org.

Please contact Governor Perdue with the information below.

Methods To Use

Web Form E-Mail: http://gov.georgia.gov/00/gov/contact_us/0,2657,78006749_94820188,00.html

Snail Mail (USPS):
The Office of the Governor
State of Georgia
203 State Capitol
Atlanta, Georgia 30334

Phone:
404-656-1776

Fax:
404-657-7332

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:

BPR

I posted the contact info, but I see you beat me to it.

Calling right now.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Thanks BPR.....I must have been editing my post when you were making yours.

Robert

HMwolfpup

we calling just to say hello or what? Your post doesn't say why to call other than Mayor Franklin held a Must Veto conference. What is she wanting to veto?

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
we calling just to say hello or what? Your post doesn't say why to call other than Mayor Franklin held a Must Veto conference. What is she wanting to veto?

HM,

Sorry.....I just assumed everyone was on top of the HB89 Legislation at this point..... I will edit my post so that it contains the information on HB89 as well.

Thanks,

Robert

HMwolfpup

np, I thought that HB89 was probably what you were referring to, but wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something else. I hadn't heard of Mayor Franklin's conference.

cerich

This was copied from another forum that I visit........

Everyone please make it a point to CALL and EMAIL TODAY in support of HB89. This legislation has passed both the House and Senate but Governor Perdue is receiving tremendous pressure from MARTA, The restaurant industry and now the City of Atlanta to VETO this bill. If you would like to read up on the bill and join the group that created and pushed for it please visit www.gacarry.org.

Please contact Governor Perdue with the information below.

Methods To Use

Web Form E-Mail: http://gov.georgia.gov/00/gov/contact_us/0,2657,78006749_94820188,00.html

Snail Mail (USPS):
The Office of the Governor
State of Georgia
203 State Capitol
Atlanta, Georgia 30334

Phone:
404-656-1776

Fax:
404-657-7332

Thanks,

Robert

anybody else notice that the pulldown menu for the issue says "gun control/crime"... not something along the lines of "gun permits"

That shows at least the mindset of somebody in the Govs. office...unfortunately.

Unless they meant to type "gun control=crime' which is the reality the left doesn't want to accept.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Yep I noticed that as well. I just used the Legislation heading. That drop down menu is the same year round and I guess someone that that gun control and crime are the same????

Robert

jason4445

I just saw on TV Atlanta Mayor Franklin, the Georgia Restaurant Industry leaders and several from Atlanta and Georgia Public Transportation hold a press conference pleading with Governor Sonny to veto HB 89. I for one thank God they are doing this. And the newscaster said it was expected that Sonny was going to veto it.

It is a terrible election year bill that in the long run will do far more to hurt carry weapons than anything it will do to promote it. All it is going to take is a few instances of drunk rednecks, or cracked up home boys popping guns off in restaurants or Parks cause they did not like the way someone was looking at them, and hitting a few kids for even more to side with the anti gun people.

Veto - Sonny - Veto

JohnK3

Banned
Jason, those "drunk rednecks" and "cracked up home boys" that you're referring to, already carry illegally everywhere that it allows those who hold permits. The *only* change is to allow law-abiding citizens, *those who are the least likely to pull for inappropriate reasons* to carry to protect themselves against those who are *most likely to pull for inappropriate reasons.*

DO NOT VETO, SONNY! GEORGIA IS WATCHING YOU.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
I just saw on TV Atlanta Mayor Franklin, the Georgia Restaurant Industry leaders and several from Atlanta and Georgia Public Transportation hold a press conference pleading with Governor Sonny to veto HB 89. I for one thank God they are doing this. And the newscaster said it was expected that Sonny was going to veto it.

It is a terrible election year bill that in the long run will do far more to hurt carry weapons than anything it will do to promote it. All it is going to take is a few instances of drunk rednecks, or cracked up home boys popping guns off in restaurants or Parks cause they did not like the way someone was looking at them, and hitting a few kids for even more to side with the anti gun people.

Veto - Sonny - Veto

Jason,

Please tell me you're not serious. The folks you refer to are already carrying firearms,knives etc.... That's why law abiding permitted citizens should be allowed to carry.

Robert

Buzz

Veto - Sonny - Veto

There are so many things wrong with your post, I don't even know where to start. Unfortunately your kind just don't get it and you probably never will. So many people know nothing of the current GFL restrictions. If they did they'd realize the current GFL is nearly useless.

I doubt it will stick between your ears but HB89 would make it a CRIME to be drinking alcohol and carry your gun. Just like most of the anti-gunners, you don't have a clue of what you are talking about but hey it sounds good right?

Luke0927

Veto - Sonny - Veto

You have know clue as to what you are talking about........

Buzz

I found this quote in the AJC from mayor Squirrely Franklin:

"The presumption has to be, if this bill passes, that there are concealed weapons by people who just might get mad with them,” Franklin said. “The presumption needs to be, in order to have a safe city, that there are no concealed weapons. And only those who are acting criminally might have them."

Notice - she said there should be NO concealed weapons. It sounds as if she's been informed by the same briefs jason4445 read. If this bill is vetoed, there will STILL be concealed weapons in Atlanta by those with a GFL and those without. Give an anti-gunner a chance to show their ignorance on the subject, and they never disappoint. Ridiculous Chicken Little examples of the sky is falling, yet it never does. The bloodbath has yet to break out in 30+ other states with LESS restrictive concealed carry laws than Georgia.

jason4445

I am part of a large group of people who have been wearing our little fingers to the bone emailing Sonny to veto this poorly thought out bill.

cerich

I am so amazed...really.

How hard is it to understand that criminals DON"T care what the law says about guns, they have them, will carry them and use them....

Why do you want to make it easier for criminals? Does the idea of having you or somebody you love defenseless not make you sick?

Buzz

I am part of a large group of people who have been wearing our little fingers to the bone emailing Sonny to veto this poorly thought out bill.

Riddle me this, if you can. What is poorly thought out and what would rather see? From your previous reply, it's obvious you don't have any idea of the current law or what HB89 would allow. Are you actually an anti-gunner that wishes nobody has the ability to carry any concealed weapons? What's the deal?

I can certainly list many facts for why this is a good bill, I am waiting for your reply on why it's bad. Judging from post #10, I am certainly not holding my breath to hear anything based on anything other than inaccurate emotional nonsense sounding like the talking points straight from the Brady Bunch.

Last edited: