Used Rifled Actions

TriggerHappyJake

Anyone in here know where I can find some used rifle actions for sale? Store, website, buddy of yours, etc... Thanks

wareagle700

Check the used racks at local shops. You can also get Remignton 700's at walmart for around $400 and sell the barrels and stocks for around $100.

Jester896

Senior Clown
yep...a Rem 700 on sale at Wally World is $379 in LA (7mm RM) or SA (.243 youth). Last time I bought one from Brownell's it was a little over $400 for a complete SS action.

Last time I just bought one I used the SS receiver only and used a PT&G bolt and Speedlock firing pin assembly.

Howa Barreled action are very affordable.

tom ga hunter

If you are going to build a BDL platform M700, I would avoid the Walmart adls. BDL bottom metal will cost $125 by it's self.

rayjay

Buds sells Remington receives and actions including SS single shot actions if you are building a serious target rifle. PTG also sells actions.

Jester896

Senior Clown
BDL bottom metal will cost $125 by it's self.

there is nothing wrong with an ADL build either. The stock may be a little more rigid and add to some additional accuracy. BDL builds sometime do not allow for loading out and a different box would need to be used anyway. It all depends on what you are end up with.

The PT&Gs probably are blueprinted too...wouldn't be that much more to true it.

leoparddog

Don't forget there are old Mausers and their actions that can be turned into pretty nice rifles depending on your goal. I have a very nice custom built on a Turk Mauser action in 338-06

SCDieselDawg

Don’t count out the Savage 110/10 series of actions. They are ugly. But there are a lot of aftermarket options for them. The buck in my avatar was killed with a Savage that was originally a .30-06, I rebarreled it to .280 Remington and swapped in a rifle basix trigger.

rosewood

Don’t count out the Savage 110/10 series of actions. They are ugly. But there are a lot of aftermarket options for them. The buck in my avatar was killed with a Savage that was originally a .30-06, I rebarreled it to .280 Remington and swapped in a rifle basix trigger.
Bought rifle for $215 out the door at pawn shop. Ordered .260 barrel kit from Eabco for around $225 and installed the barrel myself.

rosewood

7Mag Hunter

I have a Rem 710 rifle without the bolt that was rescued from Katrina..
30-06 i think...barrel has some rust inside...also Mosin nagant that
i got from yard sale ...it is Mod 91 made at the Remington Armory in 1917...
.i dont need ether if you are interested PM me
with your email address and i will send u pics...

Last edited:

pavogrande

I have a M93 mauser, a T-38 jap barreled action and a win lo-wall available.
Also have a M98 mauser in the process of rebarrel to 308 -
pm if any interest --