V A Disability Compensation

fussyray

I have had it up to my neck with V A! DELAY DELAY and he might die!!!! It will be a year next month and they are still working on it. I wonder back in 1968 if I had told them I might come in a year, what they would have done? :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

Attachments

• ST-604.jpg
    ST-604.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 827

lbzdually

Banned
I agree completely. My dad has a claim filed and he got a hearing after about 5 years last year and they still haven't made a rulling. It's no better in the private sector, even the govt Dr's said he was permanently disabled, but he still had to get a lawyer before he got approved.

merc123

Yep. Whole VA program is a joke. Get with the DAV/vet organization reps there at the VA and see if they can help get some answers or help with the process at all.

Redbow

I have to agree the whole program with the VA is one big joke .I guess I did what they wanted me to do, I just gave up on everything except VA health care which IMO isn't much to begin with..Anyway, its a notch above having nothing..

Laman

A salesman that works for me is battleing stage 4 cancer and the VA. He is a 'Nam Vet an agent orange victim and has been totally stonewalled by the VA. First they couldn't find his records, then they actually tried to say he had never been in Nam then they transferred his case from Montgomery to Atlanta and lost his files again! After months of delay and intercession by a US Senator's office he hired an attorney who after reviewing his case told him "it is simply almost a written policy in VA, they know how sick you are and if they delay long enough you will die". Sickening and disgusting way to treat our hero's.
He will be on my payroll till the end but he deserves much more from our country.

grunt0331

I have vowed to never step foot in the ATL VA hospital again. Spent 9 hours in a room after a major back surgery and didn't see the 1st nurse. I thought the docs and OR nurses were very good but the floor nurses aren't worth a bag of dried dog poop.

oldenred

I wrote Saxby when mine was delayed for 9 months. I got a reply from him and from VA within a couple of days and my case was resolved within a month.

fussyray

I wrote Saxby when mine was delayed for 9 months. I got a reply from him and from VA within a couple of days and my case was resolved within a month.

Well, I put a letter in the mail today to Saxby, I will update when I have new info

Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
VA.... Veterans Abandoned

I just quit trying to get help. I am a Viet Nam Era vet not a Viet Nam vet. But I was promised when I went in that the VA would be there for me. That was a lie. All I wanted was a hearing aid because my company's insurance does not cover it. I did not want any kind of disability just help getting a hearing aid. Well forget that and all correspondences with pols fell on deaf ears,no pun intended. Lost hearing in my left ear during artillary fire in 1974. Because I did not go whining to sick call about it, there is no record. I thought it would someday clear up. Just got worse is all. I was very young and dumb at the time.

Washington95

My brother is 90%. Vietnam era. He worked hard at it, and kept at it. If you give up, they win. If they award a disability it is retro active to when it was applied for. I'm waiting now on upgrade of hearing loss comp. There are a few VSO's who help, some are obstacles.

Re-tired

VA is just like an insurance company

They will deny claims as long as they can. You have to get a mouth piece. Because even your rep. as nice as he/she can be, they can't do squat. I would like to know where you picked up that patch though. 69-70 RVN Olympic Team:shoot::flag:

fussyray

UPDATE!!!
I got a letter from Saxby today. " I can help ensure that your case is given every possible consideration and handled as quickly as possible." Dated April 11, 2013. Now let see how long V A moves!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Al33

My claim with VA is over 3 years old and still pending after an appeal. I am a two tour VN veteran. My nearest VA clinic is in Austell and I cannot get in due to so many patients so if I need medical attention or anything else I have to go to Decatur which is an extreme hassle. The last time I went I could not find a parking place and drove around until past my appointment time. I gave up and came home, haven't been back since.

Here are some tips for dealing with the VA

Get a Vet service officer and stay in his or her back pocket. Call him go see him. Claims are different than med care. two sections one handles C&P. The other handles med care. Any VA Health clinic is over run. The last appointment I went to a woman Vet sat near me , we talked, she had been in the band never left the states, never got hurt on active duty. She was there for her health care. My VA service officer has told me that folks that have never served show up with fake DD214s and some who have served show up with altered DD214s. He has told me that these fakes are a problem with the system. If you think you have PTSD get into a VA run support group. The guys in my group told me how to deal with the system. Don't quit or stop. If you served they owe you and if you served in combat they owe you more. Purple Hearts go to the top of the list. It takes time. Good Luck.

fussyray

Well, some good new today. I got a decision from VA 20% for diabetes, should be 40%. I will Appeal! I got 20% for neuropathy. For total of 40% I will appeal the diabetes and I guess I will wait another 15 months!!!!
:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

rayjay

It has to drive you guys crazy to see the moocher class getting all the presents while you guys that gave so much get absolutely fracked. The 'leadership' of this country is despicable and I include a lot of high ranking military under those words.

fussyray

Back in July 2013 I got 40% from VA. It should have been 80% I had all paper work to back it up. I file appeal in July. I have not got anything from VA. So in January 2014 I wrote Saxby Chambliss. Today I got a reply from him. "In an effort to be of assistance to you, I have contacted the proper officials with the VA to ask that your request be favorably and expeditiously considered. I will continue to stay in touch with the VA to ensure that a decision is made ASAP." I fought hard in Vietnam and I will fight just as hard here to get what I should have. I WILL NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!!
:flag::flag::flag: