Vacation suggestions - Had to cancel PC!!

stratos201

Supposed to go to Panama City Saturday morning now scrambling to find somewhere else to go with the family. Need suggestions ASAP!!

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Tybee Island! Only 6 hours from our house in Rome, GA to the beach. Here's our favorite spot, and what do you know? availability beginning Saturday.
Little House-Tybee Island
L2.jpg

Old school concrete block house, sleeps 6, (now 2 in the kitchen is a crowd), but 90 yards to the beach, and the only place around with a front yard. For a family, make your meals at the house, eat out once for dinner and breakfast, saves money over the hotel. Location is South of the pier.

Edit: IGA grocery store on the island is great, Sugar Shack for ice cream/breakfast, Despositos Seafood (fantastic local dive) in Thunderbolt, Ft. Pulaski, Tybee Lighthouse/Ft. Screven, a run to Savannah/River Street for the candy store, etc. -Hope this helps...

Last edited:

pikehunter

We were in the Gulf Shores/Fort Morgan area the last week of Sept. Now is a great time to go, good deals to be had as well.

My family Left PCB on Tuesday morning with the mandatory evacuation notice. They arrived there on Sunday afternoon for what was supposed to be a 6 night beach vacation for our fall break.

They headed west for Gulf Shores with new reservations for a 6BR house there in Ft Morgan (?). It was breezy Wednesday morning, but sunny by the afternoon and they had a beautiful SS last night there. I think they prefer the new place actually...lol.

A couple pics of the area. They are 1/4 mile from the shore. looks like the place is named "Bay to Breakers"? IMG956192.jpgIMG956043.jpgIMG956181.jpg560906716.jpgIMG956191.jpg

Last edited:

gtmcwhorter

Pcb is my favorite beach on earth but if you can’t be there then head north to the mountains. I actually prefer mountains over the beach. Don’t have to go far. Stay in state and rent a cabin in Elijay or blue ridge

stratos201

Thanks all! I ended up in Orange Beach. First time I've been here and love it! Literally next door to florabama bar. Beach and weather is fantastic but a bit suprised at the lack of places to eat. It may simply just be that I don't now the area yet but love this place, quiet and reserve with minimal traffic and the drive down was great as well. Basically all highway and made in about 6 hours with a couple of stops. Thanks for the input!

westcobbdog

Thanks all! I ended up in Orange Beach. First time I've been here and love it! Literally next door to florabama bar. Beach and weather is fantastic but a bit suprised at the lack of places to eat. It may simply just be that I don't now the area yet but love this place, quiet and reserve with minimal traffic and the drive down was great as well. Basically all highway and made in about 6 hours with a couple of stops. Thanks for the input!
It’s much more crowded in summer months and there are a ton of places to eat back towards Gulf Shores.