Velvet

Rabun

Thanks..I've never been an early season hunter and just now getting into game cams so I haven't seen many deer early Fall and was just wondering when I would start seeing some bone.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Thanks..I've never been an early season hunter and just now getting into game cams so I haven't seen many deer early Fall and was just wondering when I would start seeing some bone.

Opening week of bow season in the piedmont gives a slim chance at big velvet and several more are already hard antler.
After that chances of any velvet deer go down very quickly big or small. IMO.

Rabun

That's a beauty there! I bet you were stoked! I like the little man helping you hold that head up(y)

deerslayer0369

That's a beauty there! I bet you were stoked! I like the little man helping you hold that head up(y)
Stoked is an understatement, I almost fell out of the tree with excitement when I let the arrow fly! That’s my little huntin buddy, he’s 7 now...won’t be long before he gets to hold his own up! I’m not gonna hand it to him, he will have to put in some work but I will help him along for sure. It will make him a better hunter/marksman at the end of the day and appreciate/understand it far more. We’ve be wearing the scoped 22’s out at the range...he really wants it this year. Told him he has to prove to me he’s ready before I’ll let him put a set of crosshairs on a deer.

Latest posts