Venison jerky marinade

Al33

Suggestions anyone, just in case I get REAL lucky and kill a deer this year. :bounce:

Al

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dales Sauce,brown sugar,tabasco and let'r rip.

stumpman

Banned
cut a ham into small strips and get a bowl pour some worstershire sauce on the meat add garlic salt season salt a shot of red pepper and some hot sauce to taste a touch of liquid smoke very little its powerfull mix up good in bowl and let it sit in fridge over night i use cookie racks on the oven racks and foil on the bottom to keep the wife happy and not make a mess put oved let it cook for a couple of hours then flip it and cook for a couple more hours you want to dry it out more than cook it this works great for me.

spongebob

A-1 original flavor marinade with some course black pepper ground in. It is simple and awesome! Even if you miss some of the membrane/fat (which can be bitter) the A-1 somehow over-rides that taste...

I dry mine in the oven on the slotted broiler pan (but in the main part of the oven). Usually 8-10 hours with a soup ladle wedged in the oven door to let the moisture escape.

No matter how much I make it just doesn't stay around (I guess that means it's good!).....

DoDahDaze

About 3 lbs. of meat, sliced 1/8 to ¼ inch thick with all fat removed.

2/3 C Worcestershire sauce
2/3 C of Soy sauce
1 tsp. of Black pepper
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Onion powder
2 tsp. Liquid smoke
1-2 tsp. Cayenne pepper (optional)

If you like your Jerky sweet, add 2-3 Tbls. Of Honey and leave off the Cayenne pepper.

Mix all marinade ingredients together in a large (gallon size or larger) plastic zipper bag. Add sliced meat and refrigerate, turning and mixing every hour or two. Hearty meats like beef and venison should be marinated overnight.

H

HT2

Ddd.......

Man, that sounds good dude......

I got a buddy that I hunt with, and he makes a bunch of it every year........I keep on gettin' him to bring more and more every year...... :p

dbodkin

Do y'all just thin slice or use one of those gadets I seen at BP? Squirts it out??

Al33

Thanks guys,

Now I got to print these suckers out in the event we have another crash. :bounce: Hmmmmmmm, they all sound like winners to me. :clap:

Al

ugabowhunter

do y'all prefer an oven over a dehydrator??

DoDahDaze

I've always used a dehydrator and finished up by putting the jerky in my smoker for an hour. Takes some time to do, but the end product is worth the trouble.

Mrbowdeadly

Am I missing somethin?

Don't you have to put a salt "cure" on the meat?

Probably my inexperience as I have only bought jerky mixes and not done any homemade.

Let me know!
MBD

DoDahDaze

Mr. Bowdeadly, you're right salt is an important part of preserving the jerky. There is enough salt in the soy sauce and worchestishire sauce to do the job. If you like it more salty feel free to add as much as you like. I wouldn't add more than 2-3 Tbls. to the recipe I supplied, otherwise it may be to salty. Of course this might help to increase your consumption of liquid refreshment. :) :) :)

stumpman

Banned
Ive always used the oven because i dont have a dehydrater and am to cheap to go get one and yes i add season salt and garlic salt.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
ANybody got one for someone with bad acid reflux? a lot of marinades send me looking for milk and some medicine!

T

sr.corndog

venison jerky

Any of you use the old charcoal smoker to jerk your venison! If you do how do you keep it from getting to crisp? :flag:

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Just bought a super duper dehydrator at wally world for $39.00. Caballes had the same for 59.00.