Very proud of my son

Phillip Thurmond

My son Daniel took his first deer when he was nine but has not taken one since. (He is not 12) This year he has hunted hard and seen lots of deer but for several reasons he has not got a shot yet. On this past Saturday we went hunting and that morning we saw seven does. They were walking through the woods and although I could have shot them he was having trouble following them through the woods because of all the timber. When it was all said and done he never fired a shot. That evening we hunted a large food plot and saw 8 more deer. These deer were far off (200 yards) and he did not feel confortable taking that kind of shot at them. Right at dark another deer came out and it was close. (50 yards) however we could not tell what it was. We knew it was a deer and we could not see horns however Daniel would not shoot because he did not want to shoot a small buck or button buck my mistake. I remember back when I was a kid I would have been blasing however he takes it very serious and does not want to kill just to kill. He wants to play by the rules of the club and not break any of them. Even though I was disapointed that he did not kill a deer I was very proud of him for showing restraignt and waiting on a good shot and knowing what his target was. I know many adults that don't do that.

leoparddog

Good on him and congratulations to you Phillip. I'd be proud too. :clap:

H

HT2

Phillip......

Now that's what I like to see.....

A youngster that is patient and waits for the right moment.....

Sounds like you done a good job on teachin' him the way to hunt.... :clap:

Kdog

Sorry to hear that he did not get one, but am glad to hear that he knows what he should/should not do.

Kdog

Meriwether Mike

He has done good!! :clap: :clap: Too many deer get wounded and never recovered because we as hunters are not patient.

futuredoc

well

Sounds like hid Dad did a good job teaching him to me. I am taking notes for the future.

fd

GeauxLSU

Sounds like a very successful hunt to me! Well done! :clap:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Latest posts