Video or Pics

HunterJoe24

I know most people prefer pics. But I prefer videos. It tells you more about how the deer behaves. What do ya'll prefer?

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Pics over bait but video on scrapes and rub lines.

GeorgeShu

Depends on the set up. I use pics when the critters are likely to be relatively stable for a period of time like at feeders or food plots. I use vid setting when they tend to be moving through the area like on trails, etc.

Works for me, you may choose other wise.

BassHunter25

I like video, but with as many cams I have to check and saving deer info pics are just easier. I will switch many of my cams to video toward the end of October to get an idea of their behavior. Def surprising what you would have missed when its not on video. Wish I could share a video of a spike walking in front of the cam. Then 10 seconds later a big buck comes charging in and chasing him off. In pic mode I would have just had 3 pics of a spike.

HunterJoe24

. Def surprising what you would have missed when its not on video. Wish I could share a video of a spike walking in front of the cam. Then 10 seconds later a big buck comes charging in and chasing him off. In pic mode I would have just had 3 pics of a spike.

That's why I like the videos. You never really get the whole picture with just a picture

XJfire75

Gonna set my new Cam out for the first time next week on video. Haven’t ever used the video settings. Do they upload to an iPhone with the card reader pretty easily?

Doolydawg03

Gonna set my new Cam out for the first time next week on video. Haven’t ever used the video settings. Do they upload to an iPhone with the card reader pretty easily?

Mine do from my browning cameras and 1 moultrie but i have a cuddyback that i can upload them but cant watch the videos for some reason, i love video on my brownings its great you get to watch the deer and study how they act

Last edited:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
That's why I like the videos. You never really get the whole picture with just a picture

I have only used one camera for only 1 month to capture several 30-second videos in the past. I changed it back after one month and I ONLY USE THE PHOTO OPTION on all 37 of my cameras currently in service because I do get the whole picture 99.9 % of the time and it is because I have multiple cameras set up at various angles that capture most everything that is happening in the area.

I also have over 650,000 photos that are stored by the camera location and also by the date when photos were taken and then uploaded from each camera 8 GB memory card most every week over the past 6 1/2 years now. I do have these photos stored on external hard drives and also still have some stored on my computer direct hard drive as well. The videos take up SO MUCH MEMORY that it would be impossible for me to do because the photos are very clear and precise and I can review all of them very easily.

I can easily look back on certain years, dates of photos, and camera locations and be able to actually see the original photos of a certain a deer and then also watch it each year as that same deer keeps getting more and more mature over several years. I can also go back and watch just one camera location and see every photo that has been taken over a period of several years. These photos are very useful in seeing just what certain deer might hang out in a specific area of my property over the years.

Since I started doing this many years ago, I actually have a large library of sorts of every kind of "critter" including does, bucks, new fawns, coyotes, also a black Redwolf (complete with story and photos posted here), wild hawgs, raccoons, armadillos, squirrels, flying squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, bobcats, possums, turkeys, doves, crows, ducks, bluejays, redbirds, woodpeckers, blue herons, hawks, rats, snakes, horses, and even a wayward herd of cows more recently that I have gotten photos of in the past 6 1/2 years now. Yes, it includes most everything EXCEPT the proverbial BLACK PANTHER !!!

I wouldn't trade all of my photos for $25,000 cash right now and the good news is that EVERY PHOTO WAS TAKEN ON A WILDGAME INNOVATIONS CAMERA. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Mine do from my browning cameras and 1 moultrie but i have a cuddyback that i can upload them but cant watch the videos for some reason, i love video on my brownings its great you get to watch the deer and study how they act

Browning videos for me... agree. A video also lets you listen it the audio - which tells you a lot too.

BowanaLee

I use pictures mostly but occasionally use video for scrapes or trespassers. SD cards hold more pictures. I check my cameras going in to hunt and look at my SD cards in the tree. I can't look at the videos with the camera I'm using. I have to use my computer at home. One more reason for pictures. Videos are cool though.