Vodka for breakfast followed with 30 beers daily

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
So addiction has ran deep in my family for many many generations with males. My uncle had it bad. Sun up to sundown drinking. Vodka and orange juice for breakfast then 30 beers a day. Still while running a business. Did this for 20 years. It got him this morning. After 5 years of being warned by doctors he has passed away. Funniest guy I've ever been around but the addiction he could not beat. Or didn't wanna beat. I think there was a long line of addicts from 100s of years. Scary thing for my son. And me. It's impressive he lasted this long. I can't imagine he was a easy person to live with. RIP

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Sorry for your loss work2play2

Duff

Man, that’s tough. My dad was the same way. Made it to the ripe old age of 42 before his liver shut down.

Very sorry for your loss.

bilgerat

Senior
sorry for your family's loss, I had a uncle who drank like that every day, worked for 40+ years in a cotton mill, then worked another 10 or so years at various factory type jobs, He Lived to be 74 years old... some how.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Sorry for your loss work2play2

T-N-T

Sorry to hear it.

someguyintraffic

So addiction has ran deep in my family for many many generations with males. My uncle had it bad. Sun up to sundown drinking. Vodka and orange juice for breakfast then 30 beers a day. Still while running a business. Did this for 20 years. It got him this morning. After 5 years of being warned by doctors he has passed away. Funniest guy I've ever been around but the addiction he could not beat. Or didn't wanna beat. I think there was a long line of addicts from 100s of years. Scary thing for my son. And me. It's impressive he lasted this long. I can't imagine he was a easy person to live with. RIP

Thats sad. Sorry for the loss.

Got a friend in his mid 60s, runs IT for entire ATL metro for one of the biggest auto dealership and trucking conglomerates in the country.

Drinks every day. 15 beers or more a day. Smokes too. Gets blasted till 10 PM up at 5 AM off to his office in Duluth. Unreal. Gets the shakes by 3 pm and comes home and drinks and stays on call till 9 PM. Dont know how he keeps it together. Gonna find him dead one day I fear.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sorry for your loss, I had an Uncle that I never saw sober. I liked him and liked being around here, but he could not be awake, without a drink in his hand. IT caught up with him to.

sinclair1

Can you explain? Like the urge never goes away?
I am not normal by any means, but I don't have the urge to drink. Once I done away with the need to self medicate and the habit, I quit cold turkey. It's in our genes I guess, my dad cold turkeyed cigars and booze on the same day without 12 steps. My mom cold turkeyed cigarettes after 50 years once she got COPD.
My brother missed out on the gene because he couldn't dump it and died at 49 from beer and pizzas.
My wife has casual drinks at dinner and our fridge is loaded with booze and I don't even worry I will snag one.
I redesigned my whole life with conditioning and sheer desire.

Could I start drinking and stay in check.....nope, nothing I do stays in check. A technical alcoholic ...sure

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Hate to hear it W2P2...
Alcoholics have it bad. There were many in my family as well.
As well as smokers.
Enough to put me on a different track.
Best wishes on yours and your son's Journey...