Vogel SP let's hear it

Hawg Daddy

Good or Bad well not ifins its too bad.I'm heading up there with the family around t-day and I'm a needin the low down on it got any?

PChunter

I like it, has a nice lake with trout and some pretty nice bass in it. Set up is good and good place for kids. Good place to relax

sodbusterman

Great place to go. I camped there about 2 months ago and had a great time. Lots to do around there and if you have a canoe bring it! I rate it in the top 5 of places I have been camping.

As campgrounds go I guess it's okay. I see you have family. That makes a difference. Me, I camp by myself with a dog. Tent in the National Forest somewhere. To me camping is getting out away from it all, not being right next to a hundred other people. Hope y'all have a great time....really!

Hawg Daddy

To me that camping to CH but it won't be long and I'll be camping by myself my baby turn 16 today.Where does the time go.Any of unins have pictures I ready now camper just about packed and i still have 2 weeks.Going to try and get me a BEAR while I'm there also.

RacinNut

The mountains are full of Florida Yankees right now, Vogle Lake is a beautiful place, I hope it rains and is 38 degrees while you are there. Good Campin weather.

Hawg Daddy

RC I hear ya trying to get away from them here I don't mind the 38 or even 28 but I can do with out the rain.

warrenmountain

Hawg Daddy,

I live about 5 miles north of VSP, :fine: and do some camping/hiking there regularly with our Scouts and family....what is it you want to know about the place?

BTW, if your trying to get *away* from your flatland neighbors.....uh....the N. GA Mountains might not be the best choice. :rofl: Just sayin.......

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Beautiful SP in my opinion. I have not been in a while due to there being limited camp sites for large RV's. It is a great place for pop ups and shorter RV's.

KDarsey

You won't be far from Lake Winfield Scott, take a ride over and check it out. A little more seclusion and really pretty nice. (no electricity)

Hawg Daddy

I might have to go to lake winfield scott for T-day cuz there no site open then but before and after I have a site.WM the questions will start when I get home from work.Why don't them Florida people just stay in SOUTH Florida glad I'm from North Florida.:stir:

KDarsey

Also you might try Trackrock Campground just north of Vogel. Nice place for a private CG.

warrenmountain

I might have to go to lake winfield scott for T-day cuz there no site open then but before and after I have a site.WM the questions will start when I get home from work.Why don't them Florida people just stay in SOUTH Florida glad I'm from North Florida.:stir:

N Fl? Mebbe your OK then. :)

They have a site available before & after, just not on T-Day? Who camps out just one day..and on T-Day to boot?

Send me a PM with what kind of site your trying to reserve and I'll use one of my lifelines and phone a friend. Can't hurt.

Trackrock is awesome as well. I have bigger strings to pull there than at Vogel. http://www.trackrock.com/

I'll be there the middle of Dec with my boys and our Boy Scout Troop doing the Horsemanship Merit Badge.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Yeah the hiking trails are awesome this time of year. Bear Hair and The Coosa Trail up to Blood Mountain are the best. I have probably climbed the Coosa for the last time.:cry: Heart trouble and age have caught up with me.

GAnaturalist

I use to work as a ranger at Vogel, very nice management. LOL.

-Old, and huge, American Chestnut stumps on the bear hair trail. You can go to blood mountain from the park.

- a little waterfall on site.

-clean lake water

-some fish

-cool temps in summer

Picture is a summer program for children in Wolf Creek that runs through Vogel State Park. They also have a kids fishing rodeo in the summer for the kids. Sorry, no adults allowed until the kids have caught all the trout.

-great for a family

Attachments

• new vogel.JPG
    new vogel.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 539

warrenmountain

HD, Give me a shout if you have any trouble setting things up with Frank like we discussed. Hope you have a great trip!

Look me up when ya'll get up here.

Keith