Vogel this past weekend

JonathanG2013

My wife and I am son went to Vogel State Park Sat night and stayed in a cabin. My wife used to go as a kid but my son and I have not been.

I brought my fly rod just in case I was able to fish in the park. I was only able to fish for about 30 minutes and caught about a 12-13 inch rainbow and also a very small rainbow. Found out the pink egg pattern was the fly they wanted. Enjoyed the little Wolf Creek that ran through the park.

Will go back again.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Been a while since I have been there. Gotta get back there soon.

pjciii

yes i have. you just have to use some stripping action tug, wait, tug, pause. no difference in wait and pause. set up your cast. lay it out on top of the water. let ripples stop and start working it in. HEY, dredger will be up at Rendezvous. you going up? there are actually some nice still water lakes for trout here in Georgia.

JonathanG2013

yes i have. you just have to use some stripping action tug, wait, tug, pause. no difference in wait and pause. set up your cast. lay it out on top of the water. let ripples stop and start working it in. HEY, dredger will be up at Rendezvous. you going up? there are actually some nice still water lakes for trout here in Georgia.

Might be going up there. Was telling my father in law about it. How do you pay for it at the door with cash?

pjciii

cash or card. they are set up to take it all. hope to see you up there. good food and good company. actually armynurse is not going to be able to make it and so they are sending me the alpaca fleece to give away up there to the fly tiers.

JonathanG2013

cash or card. they are set up to take it all. hope to see you up there. good food and good company. actually armynurse is not going to be able to make it and so they are sending me the alpaca fleece to give away up there to the fly tiers.

Nice that would be nice to try out if you have some extra. Imagine Alpaca would be good material to use.

Is it at the Dillard House or the building behind it?

Bream Pole

I used to go there a lot. Haven't been in a few years and I don't think they did much stocking when I did go. Were you fishing off dam for those?

Anvil Head

Caught some nice 2 - 4 # bass on Vogel using a medium sized froggy popper down along the dam. Picked up two nice 'bows on the same popper as well. Wish they'd let you take a yak out on the lake.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Caught some nice 2 - 4 # bass on Vogel using a medium sized froggy popper down along the dam. Picked up two nice 'bows on the same popper as well. Wish they'd let you take a yak out on the lake.
You've been able to take a yak out on the lake for a few years now.

Bream Pole

I'm encouraged to go back to Vogel.

Anvil Head

It has been awhile. Nice that they changed that policy. Went twice after the rumor that they were allowing it and wound up having to leave my coosa on the truck. Opens up a lot of good fishing in a lake that needed some pressure to eliminate stagnant runt populations.

The mtn man

I take mine, the only time I ever been scolded was when I parked at the dam side and didn't have a parking/use receipt.