Vortex Scopes

lungbuster123

I've been working on a budget long range gun that I also use for hunting a good bit. I'm currently using a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40, but im looking at replacing it with something a little more powerful for bench shooting. Any advice good or bad for the Crossfire II model scopes?

I have 3 Vortex scopes, a Crossfire II and two Diamondback HPs, one of which is a 3-12×42. At its price point (i found an excellent deal on it) it's a very good value scope. And, it does have side focus for range shooting at longer ranges.

I had a bit of an issue this past Sep with my Crossfire II and very low light. While that hunt ultimately resulted in my harvesting a bear, the previous evening the scope's light tranfer was inadequate at very last light, with a bear in range.

That said, a Leupold VXII 3-9×40 proved inadequate in the same conditions for one of my buddies.

As far as pricing, I have used Ebay and Amazon for several of my latest scope purchases.

I'd also HIGHLY recommend the Sig Sauer Whiskey 3 line as great value/$$. I have two Whiskey 3s in 3-9×40 with Hellfire Quad reticles and they are very nice scopes.

Best of luck with whatever you ultimately choose!

Reactions: Dub

ribber

I've been working on a budget long range gun that I also use for hunting a good bit. I'm currently using a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40, but im looking at replacing it with something a little more powerful for bench shooting. Any advice good or bad for the Crossfire II model scopes?

I got a 3x9-40 Crossfire II with a Thompson Center Compass package I bought last year. I am not impressed with the scope. It's ok, but the eye relief and low light is lacking in my opinion. It's more of a budget scope IMO. For that price point, I absolutely love the Redfield Revolution I have on my .270 and I am seriously considering replacing the Vortex.
The Redfield was $169 when I bought about 2-3 years ago.

Reactions: Dub

Buckhead

I put a 2x7 CF II on my sons .243. Compared it to the comparable price point 2x7s from Leupold and Nikon and felt it was every bit as clear and bright. Actually felt It had better eye relief and more fore giving eye box. Decent scope for the money.