Walker County / Gordon County

RinggoldGa

Have have some land on lookout mountain on the walker/Dade line. I have hunted there yet but I've been getting a buttload of does. A nice 10pt showed up early Sept but I haven't seen him since.

I hunt some land up there on Old State Rd.

jinx0760

Gone But Not Forgotten
Breeding Stock

I would love to have had that buck for breeding stock for my area, really nice Walker county buck. Congrats again!

Scotsman

I would love to have had that buck for breeding stock for my area, really nice Walker county buck. Congrats again!

Thanks. It seems November 25th has been a good day for me. Here is one from two years ago on that day. Same area.

Attachments

• FOT10CA.jpg
    FOT10CA.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,533

George30022

A Beauty - Scotsman - , send his Inlaws(outlaws...) down south - say,,, Ranger GA - Gordon Co ! Also - quick nib; just how did Gordon/Whitfield do with this reason rain... a good soakin ? My camp is soo darn dry - everything I own gets powdercoated with dust when I am out there.

George30022

Nice ... I am on the other side of Gordon Co, Ranger GA. Very smoky, very dry. A 10 Pt - 9 Point ? wow, that would make my season at this point.

Scotsman

I went today in the rain. I found two new scrapes, they were wet, of course, but they were not there Saturday morning. I saw two does and that was it.

jinx0760

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good News!

My brother calls me and tells me a really nice buck is chasing does under my stand behind his house! I am at work and have hunted that stand twice without seeing a deer a couple of weeks ago?:banginghe

RinggoldGa

Got my first buck in 8 years on the Walker/Catoosa line about 45 minutes before dark tonight. He was cruising through the woods all rutted up. Nose down. Just caught glimpses. Hit the grunt call and he came to be on a bee line. Got a perfect shot at 40-50 yds.

Nice to finally get a chance at a mature buck. I think he's 3 1/2. Good mass and time length for up here in far NW Ga.

I admit to getting a little frustrated though. At the processor 4 deer were there when I arrived. Two spikes, a 3pt, and a fork horn, all 1 1/2 years old. Processor said that's what he's seen the majority of past two weeks, little bucks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,311

Scotsman

Hey RinggoldGA! Brother, that's a nice one! Congrats to you! That's the way to get it done!

I hunted this morning in Walker and saw 15 doe and two young four point bucks. All within 30 yards. I had one doe at 25 feet.

Congrats again on a fine buck! What did you use to take it?

RinggoldGa

Hey RinggoldGA! Brother, that's a nice one! Congrats to you! That's the way to get it done!

I hunted this morning in Walker and saw 15 doe and two young four point bucks. All within 30 yards. I had one doe at 25 feet.

Congrats again on a fine buck! What did you use to take it?

Some of my best days hunting have been a day like yours today. Deer all around and never even pick up the rifle.

hunter eric

The "second rut" has kicked in Gordon county.
Driving yesterday and saw a doe dart out of the woods headed toward the road. I hit brakes thinking she was going to come into road but she turned and ran down the edge of the road.
2 bucks also came darting out of the woods. I watched them chase her for 20 to 30 seconds and then they all hopped back into the woodline.

Bushhog Bob

Finale TAlly

How about posting your season results.
I had a big zero, but still enjoyed the time in
the woods. Only shot i got all season was at
a coyote. Good luck to everyone next season.